Help! Flysky FS-i6X safe throttle position

messyhead

Hi folks. So as a safety feature, my tx won't switch on with any switches in an on position, and the throttle up.

I've been setting up a kill switch and failsafe today, and I noticed that the tx will switch on if the throttle is set to anywhere below the 2nd notch on the scale at the side of the control. See the video showing when it considers the throttle to be low enough. You can hear the motor start (prop removed).

Does anyone else with this tx have the same, or is it something in my setup?

I know that switching on the tx before the model will stop any inadvertent motor startups, but still seems like room for error. Especially as the tx can't be switched on with the kill switch enabled.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The default throttle switch setting if enabled is a throttle hold, (an idle setting for GAS engines). If you use the throttle hold you need to set the hold value tot zero or else the electric motor will turn over at a relatively slow speed when the switch is operated.

Check the throttle settings/range etc on the display screen from the menu!

Have fun!

messyhead

The default throttle switch setting if enabled is a throttle hold, (an idle setting for GAS engines). If you use the throttle hold you need to set the hold value tot zero or else the electric motor will turn over at a relatively slow speed when the switch is operated.

Check the throttle settings/range etc on the display screen from the menu!

Have fun!

I checked the throttle position on the display, and it seems to be centred properly.

The way I did the kill switch, so that it's on by default i.e. when the tx switches on, is to set switch A to the Idle mode function. Then I changed the throttle curve to be 0, for one position, and then normal for the on position. I haven't set Throttle hold to any switch, as it would be off when switching the tx on. Does that make sense?

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I checked the throttle position on the display, and it seems to be centred properly.

The way I did the kill switch, so that it's on by default i.e. when the tx switches on, is to set switch A to the Idle mode function. Then I changed the throttle curve to be 0, for one position, and then normal for the on position. I haven't set Throttle hold to any switch, as it would be off when switching the tx on. Does that make sense?
This is what I did too, similar to what Andrew Newton did. https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...IwAnoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0ped4toyRwuhgSJo6Z0Q0c

messyhead

I think that's where I saw it too. It was also in a comment on one of RCwithAdam's videos on setting up a kill switch.

But it's not affected the zero throttle when switching on issue, as the throttle doesn't have to be completely zero to switch on, as in the video I posted.