FlySky FS-T6 Issues

beanz4

Hey Everyone
I have a fs-t6 transmitter. My problem, there's no response from channel 2 at all. I have tried different receivers and still no output on channel 2. Checking the display on the transmitter where you can test each channel, they all respond correctly. I have tried with multiple flight controllers, cleanflight, betaflight and multiwii gui. They all show the same thing, no channel 2 output. I am at my wits end, please if anyone can help me that would be awesom.

thanks

Where did you order it from? It might have a warranty if the worst comes to the worst and it is a defective product.
Just my thoughts lol.

beanz4

Where did you order it from? It might have a warranty if the worst comes to the worst and it is a defective product.
Just my thoughts lol.
Thank you, I ordered from Amazon. I think the warranty has run out. Also I have had this transmitter for more than a year, it recently started doing this.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Generally a bad "channel" comes from a control like a stick not working. 2.4GHz sends all channels in one data packet so it's unlikely that one channels get knobbled while the other still work. What is odd is that you say the channel monitor shows channel 2 working so that seems to rule out a problem with the elevator stick that should be driving it. I'm pretty sure FlySky use AETR channel order.

Have you tried using a different control like a switch to move CH2. You may need to use a MIX. I'm not that familiar with the fs-T6 but I think the i6 basically replaced it and has similar firmware.

The other possibility is that you are using the same cable between the RXs and FCs to test all this and the cable for CH2 is bad! Get a multimeter and check the continuity on the cable with it disconnected from anything else.

Note: If you can't figure it our you might just buy an i6 or an i6X for ~ $50 which will allow you to use all the current receivers. Avoid the i6S unless you only fly multirotors. If you are fed up with FlySky there are other better choices.

kdobson83

Generally a bad "channel" comes from a control like a stick not working. 2.4GHz sends all channels in one data packet so it's unlikely that one channels get knobbled while the other still work. What is odd is that you say the channel monitor shows channel 2 working so that seems to rule out a problem with the elevator stick that should be driving it. I'm pretty sure FlySky use AETR channel order.

Have you tried using a different control like a switch to move CH2. You may need to use a MIX. I'm not that familiar with the fs-T6 but I think the i6 basically replaced it and has similar firmware.

The other possibility is that you are using the same cable between the RXs and FCs to test all this and the cable for CH2 is bad! Get a multimeter and check the continuity on the cable with it disconnected from anything else.

Note: If you can't figure it our you might just buy an i6 or an i6X for ~ $50 which will allow you to use all the current receivers. Avoid the i6S unless you only fly multirotors. If you are fed up with FlySky there are other better choices.
I agree with upgrading to the i6x. It's a 10 channel dual antenna remote that will use your existing rx's. I've had the T6 and had horrible issues with range, anything over 250-300 ft away and it would lose signal making my plane fall out of the air. I upgraded to the i6x and loved it. I have since moved to spektrum but still have my i6x as back up. I siwtched because I wanted stabilizer rx's and better gimbals. The i6x is about the best budget remote you can get.

Morgan

I agree with upgrading to the i6x. It's a 10 channel dual antenna remote that will use your existing rx's. I've had the T6 and had horrible issues with range, anything over 250-300 ft away and it would lose signal making my plane fall out of the air. I upgraded to the i6x and loved it. I have since moved to spektrum but still have my i6x as back up. I siwtched because I wanted stabilizer rx's and better gimbals. The i6x is about the best budget remote you can get.
I6x ? Im not sure ive seen this one could you drop me a link?

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
The main disadvantage of the i6X is there is no hack firmware for it yet...or at least it is not finished. It was being worked on by someone but I'm not sure that was complete see https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3020949-FlyPlus-firmware-for-FlySky-I6X

I believe the stock i6X firmware is better than the base i6 firmware but it is not as good as the i6 hack firmware. I haven't been following it but the original threads are :
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2486545-FlySky-FS-i6-8-channels-firmware-patch!
https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlySky-i6-Mod-

You can find the various FlySky i6 models here...

https://www.banggood.com/search/flysky-i6.html?sbc=1

beanz4

Thanks everyone for your help. I have bought a i6x through Amazon. Works great, I can now use ppm and ibus😀👍