Hi, this is a quick overview and review of the Flysky FS-T6 transmitter which i recently bought for my 250 class mini racing quad copter.

It was around $80 and i was not that impressed with it actually, for a start it doesn't have an interchangeable module like the turnigy 9x does for around the same price, the menu selection process is a bit fiddly as you have to press the left button down for 1 second to get to the menu, i think that the 9x is a much better option.

The battery is also a problem, the Flysky FS-T6 requires 8 AA batteries whereas the Turnigy 9x only requires one small lipo battery and im sure you all have a fair few of them lying around, i have also noticed that the battery goes flat very quickly on my transmitter and i need to change the batteries out often.

The transmitter feels decent and looks it too but the build quality is a bit dodgy and i have been recently finding bits of grass inside my transmitter behind the clear plastic but infornt of the LCD screen.

The inactivity alarm is a bit annoying when you are changing batteries or something as it beeps at you even if only left for 1 minute, it also has no 3 position switches and assigning switches to servos is a bit tricky, i have also run into trouble when trying to buddy box with one of my friends as my transmitter can do that but luckily he had a Turnigy 9X which i could use for that.

Overall i would not recommend you buy this transmitter instead buy the Turnigy 9X for the same price as i have seen good reviews on it and have personally used one myself.

What do you think of the Flysky FS-T6?

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
The T6 has all the essentials so it's not been a bad choice as a starting point. It depends a bit on what price you pay compared to other things you can buy. Not sure if grass under the screen really indicates dodgy quality.

However the new FlySky i6 is a big improvement on the T6 for about the same money looking at Banggood. It also has all the essentials and adds more including new AFHDS2A receivers that have failsafe and telemetry and promise promise better range. Plus it only needs 4 AA batteries. You can used the receivers you use with your T6 with it too. I recently bought one of these and so far I'm quite pleased. Haven't really tested it in anger but reports are good.

The 9X is getting a bit long in the tooth but it still has the potential to be hack-graded into a very flexible radio. The 9X is a better choice than the T6 because of its potential though I'm a bit torn as to whether it is a better choice than the i6. It does depend a bit on what you are looking for. It is starting to get up there in price now and not quite the bargain it once was but it can still make sense so long as you realize that you have to spend some more money and do some work to bring out its good qualities.

The T6 has all the essentials so it's not been a bad choice as a starting point. It depends a bit on what price you pay compared to other things you can buy. Not sure if grass under the screen really indicates dodgy quality.

However the new FlySky i6 is a big improvement on the T6 for about the same money looking at Banggood. It also has all the essentials and adds more including new AFHDS2A receivers that have failsafe and telemetry and promise promise better range. Plus it only needs 4 AA batteries. You can used the receivers you use with your T6 with it too. I recently bought one of these and so far I'm quite pleased. Haven't really tested it in anger but reports are good.

The 9X is getting a bit long in the tooth but it still has the potential to be hack-graded into a very flexible radio. The 9X is a better choice than the T6 because of its potential though I'm a bit torn as to whether it is a better choice than the i6. It does depend a bit on what you are looking for. It is starting to get up there in price now and not quite the bargain it once was but it can still make sense so long as you realize that you have to spend some more money and do some work to bring out its good qualities.

The Turnigy 9xr pro was recently $60 on hobby king and i wish i had of bought it then instead of the FS-T6

pressalltheknobs

well with the 9Xr pro you need to by a module and a battery and a receiver. Assuming you get a FrSky TX module, that's another $50 - $60 or so on top of the base controller box. Plus the 9XR is a ugly as sin. Pretty good value but not something I would want to own.

I wouldn't feel too bad. At least the T6 has a decent set of features. You can enjoy it for a while and get the most out of it then later sell it on for some dollars and get a better one. If you buy one or two RXs for it in the mean time there is a good chance you will be able to continue using them if you do get a 9X. Or if you get a 9XR or better a Taranis (my choice) you would have the option of getting a module that would work with them.

Last edited:
well with the 9Xr pro you need to by a module and a battery and a receiver. Assuming you get a FrSky TX module, that's another $50 - $60 or so on top of the base controller box. Plus the 9XR is a ugly as sin. Pretty good value but not something I would want to own.

I wouldn't feel too bad. At least the T6 has a decent set of features. You can enjoy it for a while and get the most out of it then later sell it on for some dollars and get a better one. If you buy one or two RXs for it in the mean time there is a good chance you will be able to continue using them if you do get a 9X. Or if you get a 9XR or better a Taranis (my choice) you would have the option of getting a module that would work with them.

I agree

My friend also has a taranis and he loves it but my transmitter well outperforms his with a range test, not sure why...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

ZoomNBoom

well with the 9Xr pro you need to by a module and a battery and a receiver. Assuming you get a FrSky TX module, that's another $50 - $60 or so on top of the base controller box.

Exactly. I just checked, they list the 9XR Pro for $99. DJT module is $50 with one receiver, XJT is $78. Add $10 for a battery, and you are now a few beers away from the price of a taranis.

If you can get the 9XR pro for $60 in a firesale, it might be worth considering, but at list price, close but no cigar. To be fair, that goes for just about any radio combo above $100, the taranis is just too good value for money.

pressalltheknobs

I agree

My friend also has a taranis and he loves it but my transmitter well outperforms his with a range test, not sure why...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

That's interesting - well there you go. Another reason to not feel bad about what you have :)

So how did you do the range test? An actual real range test or using the "range test" feature? It may well depend onteh RX he is using so it would be interesting to know which one

Flysky seem to like to put range test buttons on their transmitters that don't actually seem to do anything. Still trying to figure out if the button on the front of the i6 that says range test actually does that. As far as I can tell it doesn't. The range test feature is supposed to put the transmitter into a special mode that attenuates the transmitted signal by some factor so you can estimate your max range at a much closer distance.

RandomChaos

I have been using my FS-T6 for a year and half now, and it has worked well for me. I have been able to get around 300-400 yards range with it. I replaced one of the VR switches with a 6 position switch so I could have all the flight modes with my APM. I also added a small LED array that ties in with the switch as a quick visual reference for what flight mode I am in. It has multiple models, allowing me to setup rates and expos for my multirotors, wing planes, and regular planes, as well as mixes. It also has a Rate switch, so you can change from high to low rates easily. I am able to pick up extra receivers for around $12, so fairly cheap to setup with new planes or MRs.

The FS-i6 is better in that it can do all the same stuff, but also has telemetry, and better range. For the same price, I would go with the i6 now.

The 9XR Pro would be awesome to have, but costs more once all said and done. It is more future proof though since you can swap out modules for whatever flying you are doing, be it long range 433mhz, or a simple 2.4Ghz setup.

I have been using my FS-T6 for a year and half now, and it has worked well for me. I have been able to get around 300-400 yards range with it. I replaced one of the VR switches with a 6 position switch so I could have all the flight modes with my APM. I also added a small LED array that ties in with the switch as a quick visual reference for what flight mode I am in. It has multiple models, allowing me to setup rates and expos for my multirotors, wing planes, and regular planes, as well as mixes. It also has a Rate switch, so you can change from high to low rates easily. I am able to pick up extra receivers for around $12, so fairly cheap to setup with new planes or MRs.

The FS-i6 is better in that it can do all the same stuff, but also has telemetry, and better range. For the same price, I would go with the i6 now.

The 9XR Pro would be awesome to have, but costs more once all said and done. It is more future proof though since you can swap out modules for whatever flying you are doing, be it long range 433mhz, or a simple 2.4Ghz setup.

Yeah, The FS and those mods so-i6 looks niceund like a good idea, i just don't know how to do all those sorts of things.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

HawkMan

Once you add on a module and receiver to the 9xr pro you're so close to Taranis price you might as well get a taranis which already has mostly 3 position switches instead of 2 position switches and index sliders.