Flysky FS-t6 v-tail channels

Ross

My transmitter will only allow me to use channels 2 and 4 on the vtail config screen, all the videos I have seen setting up vtail defaults to channels 1 and 2. In order to use the 3-ch rx I have, I need to figure out how to change this to ch 1 and 2. Is this setting buried in the firmware or something? Any suggestion would help.

And thanks to mrstamps80 for sending me the rx!!

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
An elevon mix is usually mixes Ail and Elv which for Mode 2 TX is the two axes of the right stick and should correspond to CH1 and CH2 on the T6. It maybe because you are using "V-Tail" instead of "elevon"?

If not, most TXs don't let you change the channels used for Ail, Elv, Thr and Rud. This probably extends to the built in Elevon/VTail mixes too. You maybe able to get by is to used custom mixes to mix CH1 and CH2 but possibly you need to get a different RX...

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-F...10-T6-CT6B-TH9x-p-68604.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Ross

^^^ I've tried the elevon mixes without success, something very strange about this radio for sure. The only way I have a successful setup is in sticks mode 4 using with the vtail on ch 2 and 4. The radio firmware version is 2.4 from March 2015, All other radios of this type I've seen are on ver 2.2 with an earlier date. It was new out of the box this way when it came from Amazon. I'm tired of fighting it so I'll just use the 6ch rx for now and move on to another plane without vtail. Life is to short.. lol

I know I won't move on because I hate losing but it sounds good anyway.

Last edited:

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Generally you should be chaning the Mode. Is the "non centering" Throttle stick the left vertical. If so set it to Mode 2 and things should work. If you got to the channel display with the bars that show the channel positions you should see

Ail = CH1 = right stick horizontal
Elv = CH2 = right stick vertical
Thr = CH3 = left stick vertical
Rud = CH4 = left stick horizontal.

If that works then I'm pretty sure elevon will be CH1-CH2 on the right stick. CH1 and CH1 will move in opposition for Ail and together for elv.

It maybe that it will act strangely on the plane but that probably means you have to reverse one of the servos.

Last edited: