FLYSKY FS-TH9X Vs TURNIGY 9X

Excalibre

Late Learner
Forgive a newbie for noticing this but aren't these two transmitters the same beast ? Anyone care to comment regarding the FlySky.
The one thing I noticed is the cap on the FlySky where the Turingy has an antenna. If I'm not wrong wouldn't this mean there would be no need for any conversion as the FlySky takes only the module with the antenna ????

images.jpeg

FlySky-9Channel-Transmitter.jpeg

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
I'm not sure about the cap in the FlySky picture, I haven't seen a FlySky radio come with the antenna installed in the module. The TH9X and the 9X are the same radio and the only difference I've seen is color. I have both radios. The stock radio works very well and if your flying mostly park flyers in non-crowded area I see no reason to upgrade anything. If you want more flexibility with receivers, modules and flying sites without having to spend money buying parts to upgrade the TH9X/9X I would get the FrSky QX7. If you have any other question feel free to ask and I'll answer anything I can about these radios.

Excalibre

Late Learner
Thanks for the reply Luis, the TH9X has a cap where the old extendable antenna used to be (apparently) and the 9X has an antenna permanently fixed to the the handset. Given that most modules come with their own antenna I figured it would be better to buy the TH9X.
What I was contemplating was being able to purchase the TH9X and an Orange module for my existing planes and move to a FrSky module for the future. Your comments would be appreciated....:D

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Thanks for the reply Luis, the TH9X has a cap where the old extendable antenna used to be (apparently) and the 9X has an antenna permanently fixed to the the handset. Given that most modules come with their own antenna I figured it would be better to buy the TH9X.
What I was contemplating was being able to purchase the TH9X and an Orange module for my existing planes and move to a FrSky module for the future. Your comments would be appreciated....:D

If i were buying a radio right now with the current radios on the market I would get the Taranis QX7. The new Hobby King orange module is not as good as the original but that really depends on what you're flying and where. I've heard issues about binding, range and brown-outs. But haven't tested that out myself.

I really love my 9X radio but I have also modified it so it is very similar in spec to the Taranis. The stock 9X is a good radio but the Taranis QX7 is a great radio with a very attractive price point for what you are getting. OpenTx 2.2, sound, haptic feedback, USB, memory card slot, telemetry. You can get all this in the 9X but it will cost you to add these features and you need to be able to do fine soldering work or you will brick your radio. QX7 is the way to go!

Last edited:

Excalibre

Late Learner
Thanks a whole lot RCdiy, I'm now the proud owner of a QX7 in transit.....WooooHooooo:applause::applause::applause: