Flysky FSi6 resetting on power cycle

Over the year I have been having a pretty strange experience with this TX. Before I updated it to the 10ch mod i noticed sometimes I would turn on the TX and get o response, but after leaving it for a while ad trying it again it works fine? Thought it might be a software bug which is why I performed the update which did temporarily fix the problem. But a few weeks ago it came back, but this time when the TX switched on it was completely reset? I left it in this state and surely enough an hour later it turned on like nothing had ever happened with all the settings back! this happened 2 more times but now it's refusing to spring back, and even worse any settings i add are immediately wiped when i turn it on and off.

I attempted a factory reset to no avail as well as a software update to the newest 10ch mod. At this point i'm hoping it's a hardware issue. Any tips would be amazing, thanks,

kdobson83

This sounds like a hardware problem. Maybe you have a loose wire or bad solder connection. I'd start by checking the main power wires. Check both where you plug the batteries in and where the wire from the batteries connects to the board. Also check around the power switch itslef as well. I haven't had these specific issues but on my i6x the power switch for some reason has gotten very tight, hard to flick on/off.

jtrops

So os the 10channel mod also for the
fs-t6 because if so I totally want this!

No, there is no alternative firmware for the t6.

I agree that it sounds like an intermittent hardware connection somewhere inside your box.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I took it apart and visually everything is in order. No broken wires or sketchy soldering connections. Any other ideas?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Over the year I have been having a pretty strange experience with this TX. Before I updated it to the 10ch mod i noticed sometimes I would turn on the TX and get o response, but after leaving it for a while ad trying it again it works fine? Thought it might be a software bug which is why I performed the update which did temporarily fix the problem. But a few weeks ago it came back, but this time when the TX switched on it was completely reset? I left it in this state and surely enough an hour later it turned on like nothing had ever happened with all the settings back! this happened 2 more times but now it's refusing to spring back, and even worse any settings i add are immediately wiped when i turn it on and off.

I attempted a factory reset to no avail as well as a software update to the newest 10ch mod. At this point i'm hoping it's a hardware issue. Any tips would be amazing, thanks,
I do not know if this is pertinant to your issue but I had an issue where the Tx/Rx handshaking to establish Hopping sequence and Rx mode was occasionally not working out properly and the sign was a poor Rx range and the servos would become rather jerky and intermittent in operation.

I traced it down to a poor battery voltage rise on switching on the transmitter all caused by a intermittent high resistance across the on/off switch. In my case until it was fixed permanently just operating the on/off a number of times until it all worked correctly was the interim fix.

Have fun!