FlySky gyro/reciever

FDS

Elite member
It’s just a gyro, it doesn’t have any control limiter like SAFE but will smooth bumps a bit. Probably wouldn’t hurt to use if you are looking for a bit of assistance but it’s not going to save you from crashing.
Personally I don’t fly with gyros, I know lots of people do but I build a bigger plane or learn to fly with the wind, FB planes are simple enough that if I stuff one its repaired quickly or I can build another.

danskis

Master member
Thanks for the answer....I agree that a full SAFE gyro isn't necessary most of the time but if I'm going to spend a lot of hours (I build slowly) on a master series plane than I want it to last at least a few flights past the initial crash test (maiden).

FDS

Elite member
Might be a good idea in a master series, but those are big enough to not get hit by wind much. It’s not got auto level on it. After all that work something more involved may be better. I know people who live in windy areas or make scale builds use stabilisers as routine.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Thanks for the answer....I agree that a full SAFE gyro isn't necessary most of the time but if I'm going to spend a lot of hours (I build slowly) on a master series plane than I want it to last at least a few flights past the initial crash test (maiden).
I use FlySky and I do a lot of building and test flying for other people. In addition, I fit and adjust stabilisers for those that want them but the device you have selected I would refuse to use, simply because it only has a single antenna.

Without antenna diversity the chance of a LOS or even a fly away is greatly increased. Just the thought of using it scares me!

Just my thoughts!

Have fun!

Reactions: FDS

leaded50

Legendary member
never tried the gyro/recivers of Flysky, even if planned, just to check. Till now i rather used the FS-iA6B who can get pretty cheap, also a flight controller as the NX3 , who both mainly is cheaper than the Flysky gyro reciver...even if this one was ok pricetag on.
Agree on @Hai-Lee "fear".. the two antennas do decrease chanches of lost control a lot.

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I was tempted by that receiver but the single antenna scared me away. I use a hobby eagle pro in my PNP Timber X to make me breathe a little easier and it seems to work well.

leaded50

Legendary member
@danskis , the FS-BS6 who is one of the Flysky recivers who have built in gyro, is in reality ment for boat/car eg. When using in a plane, only the ailerons is gyroassisted, not rudder, not elevator.