Flysky Help Needed

wdiamond

I have a FlySky FS-T4B (tx) and a FS-R6B (rx) that bind with a solid red rx light, but as soon as I plug a servo in, the solid red light starts a quick on/off while making a clicking noise and no servo will operate. Is this something simple? I would appreciate any insight. Just finished building the plane, and I want to fly.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
After you bind you need to power off the Rx & power off the Tx. Then power on the Tx & Rx.

Reactions: FDS

wdiamond

the rx binder goes into the power on the rx, so just pull the battery from my rx, then power off the tx then power tx and then rx? When do I plug in the servo's..after this?

wdiamond

I still get a fast blinking red light, a constant low chirp from the rx, and no servo functioning Merv. I probably have too old servos....I have had them since the 1990's. Can you recommend servos that work with FlySky I have?

FDS

Elite member
Firstly, what is the power output of your Bec? It may be your old servos are simply drawing too much power and “browning out” the BEC.
The bind plug does go into the Bat port, but the BEC goes into Ch3. Make sure the BEC plug is orientated right, the ground wire (brown or Black) is on the pin nearest the outside edge of the RX, with red in the middle and orange/yellow or white (signal) nearest the main body of the RX.

wdiamond

The power source is a 4 AA nicad pack and the plane has a .20cc gas piston engine. I have a switch between the battery and the rx plugged into the top slot and I have a solid red bind. ANY servo in any slot changes the solid red to blinking on and off red wout any tx function.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
the rx binder goes into the power on the rx, so just pull the battery from my rx, then power off the tx then power tx and then rx? When do I plug in the servo's..after this?
Yes, after you bind, power off Rx then Tx. You need to power off to get Tx & Rx out of bind mode. You can plug servos in any time, they may or may not respond while in bind mode.

In 99.9% of the time you should power on Tx before you power Rx. When turning off, first. Rx then Tx. This is to prevent your motor from starting unexpectedly. The ONLY time to should power Rx before Tx is when binding. Make sure the Rx is in bind mode before powering Tx. Receiving a signal could prevent Rx from entering bind mode. When binding ALWAYS remove the prop or otherwise disconnect the motor.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The power source is a 4 AA nicad pack and the plane has a .20cc gas piston engine. I have a switch between the battery and the rx plugged into the top slot and I have a solid red bind. ANY servo in any slot changes the solid red to blinking on and off red wout any tx function.
Could you post a picture of your Rx with the servos plugged in?

Timinatorg

I would be suspicious of that nicad pack if it's also very old. Voltage output under load may drop too much. I've used servos from the late 80s with the FS-R6B so I think your servos should work. Some servos were wired differently back then, the positive (red) wire has to be in the middle on every system these days I believe.

Reactions: FDS

wdiamond

Does the fact that the FlySky rx to servo connection comes out of the rx using ibus? Do the older servos need a different protocol? I have tested the pins on the rx for servos and found each has a 5v reading. 5v should be enough voltage right? I have read that my battery pack (4 AA energizer batteries in a series) may not be sufficient to power more than three servos without having power issues. I have spent hours on construction and want to fly...... The engine is gas powered, so I don't have an 11v power supply that goes through a regulator or anything. The 4 battery pack is being plugged directly onto the rx power pins. Also, I can't get a solid red rx light with even one servo plugged into the rx. I am thinking that the ibus protocol is not working with any of my current servos. Again, thank you for all your responses, each has helped and I will get this in the air someway or another (even if I have to just throw things out my window in frustration..)

wdiamond

I just realized that it is the servo that is making a chirping noise not the rx. The rx just blinks at a faster rate than it does just prior to binding.

wdiamond

Yes, the bind plug is removed and I still have a solid red light on the rx when I remove the bind plug and connect the same pins used by the binding plug with a power supply , until I try to plug in any of the four tower hobbies tss-50's or 51's.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I just realized that it is the servo that is making a chirping noise not the rx. The rx just blinks at a faster rate than it does just prior to binding.
I suggest that you measure the 5V rail going to the Servos. It might be that your servo is "chirping" because the supply voltage is actually unable to support the load connected. This would cause the Servo to try and move as the voltage is applied BUT the moment the servo powers up its motor the supply drops switching the servo and Rx off. With everything off the supply voltage resumes and the cycle starts all over again.

Just my thoughts on what to check!

Have fun!

wdiamond

I took the casing off the servo and got 5v to the board in the servo, but the motor in the servo does not seem to be getting any voltage. I just may have some bad servos. I will test the other three I have, but I can't believe every one is bad. Do servos quit working regularly?

wdiamond

I just found out the TSS-50 is the same as a Hitec HS-300 and is an analog servo. Does anyone know if the Flysky system I bought supports analog servos?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Does the fact that the FlySky rx to servo connection comes out of the rx using ibus? Do the older servos need a different protocol?
Are you trying to control the servo with ibus?

Servos need PWM, ibus is for a flight controller.