Flysky

FastCrash45

Elite member
Will a Flysky transmitter perform as well as a Specturm?
Some people say no and some say yes. I have both and the flysky has slightly more range. That being said you have to know my spektrum is an old radio, dx5e. I love the mixing abilities on the flysky with an led screen and I found it to be just as intuitive as the spektrum. It will come down to pocket book money. I think in the long haul the spektrum will outlast the flysky. Having said all this I don't think I helped you too much.😁

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Yes and no!
Confused? You should be!
Either will work though the spectrum has a slight range advantage. Sadly with the spectrum you will need to pay more and buy the more expensive versions of the various product offerings. DO NOT use any single antenna Rxs in a fixed wing and try hard to avoid those Rxs that have little pigtail antennas as they can have their signal blocked quite easily.

The Flysky with its dual antenna system and long antenna leads allows you to get the Antennas away from everything and have better "Loss of Signal" avoidance.

For an entry level the Flysky has a full dual antenna system and is best bang for buck BUT the Spektrum has far far better performance when looking at longer ranges because of the satellite receiver system, (not with the cheap Rx offerings).

Most retail offerings in the BNF will require Spektrum transmitter.

At the end of the day you have to live with your choice. If you do buy Spektrum make sure you buy the latest versions of the transmitters< (dual Tx antennas).

Have fun!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yes and no!
Confused? You should be!
Either will work though the spectrum has a slight range advantage. Sadly with the spectrum you will need to pay more and buy the more expensive versions of the various product offerings. DO NOT use any single antenna Rxs in a fixed wing and try hard to avoid those Rxs that have little pigtail antennas as they can have their signal blocked quite easily.

The Flysky with its dual antenna system and long antenna leads allows you to get the Antennas away from everything and have better "Loss of Signal" avoidance.

For an entry level the Flysky has a full dual antenna system and is best bang for buck BUT the Spektrum has far far better performance when looking at longer ranges because of the satellite receiver system, (not with the cheap Rx offerings).

Most retail offerings in the BNF will require Spektrum transmitter.

At the end of the day you have to live with your choice. If you do buy Spektrum make sure you buy the latest versions of the transmitters< (dual Tx antennas).

Have fun!
My Spektrum dx6e is serving me really well.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
If you will be buying planes I suggest Spektrum since most bnf planes are Spektrum compatible. If you are building planes though, I’m not sure what to say. I have a Spektrum dx8 and I have never had any problems.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Yes, Flysky will go toe to toe with Spectrum.
Discussing brands of transmitters is a bit like discussing cars. Everyone has a reason why the one they use is the best. The truth is all hobby grade Tx’s will fly your plane equally well.

FDS

Elite member
If you are buying planes and don’t want to spend on a Spektrum radio then there are plenty of other options. The Spektrum protocol, DSMX, is supported by a number of other radios and modules.
I am still flying on a $60 Orange TX6i DSMX radio and it’s range has never been a problem, never had loss of signal and it’s bound to Horizon Hobby planes fine.
Flysky are fine radios, the above advice about antennae placement applies to all types and brands.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
If you are buying planes and don’t want to spend on a Spektrum radio then there are plenty of other options. The Spektrum protocol, DSMX, is supported by a number of other radios and modules.
I am still flying on a $60 Orange TX6i DSMX radio and it’s range has never been a problem, never had loss of signal and it’s bound to Horizon Hobby planes fine.
Flysky are fine radios, the above advice about antennae placement applies to all types and brands.
I fly with the Spektrum dx6e and use it with orangerx receivers.

FDS

Elite member
That radio is twice the price of a Flysky Fsi6 and you can’t expand it to more channels.
I am sure the DX6e works great for you, @JLagers do you plan to fly BNF planes or are you going to build kits?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I am sure the DX6e works great for you
Yes. I have yet to use all 6 channels though😂. It is pricy, but for someone like me who spends their money on the ft planes and hardly ever buys rtf planes, it is a perfect fit (IMHO)

Reactions: FDS