Flyzone Beaver

Did the maiden on my DHC Beaver today. Sorry no video... It is a nice flying plane. It was a little gusty so I didn't get too crazy with it, but it's definitely a nice relaxing flyer. I opened it up a little bit and it will fly fast as well. Did a loop or two and a couple rolls. It definitely doesn't roll fast, but with a little elevator it will stay pretty flat in a roll. It did well on the bumpy grass but that's probably because I took the stock tires off and replaced them with some 2-3/4 inch Dubro foam tires. They look better and definitely handle the bumps better. I put two batteries through it today and was a lot of fun. It already lands so slow, I am not sure where the flaps would really be needed, but they will be fun to mess with for STOL type stuff. Now I just a need a radio that will give me varying flap positions instead of on or off of the Dx6i.

Did the maiden on my DHC Beaver today. Sorry no video... It is a nice flying plane. It was a little gusty so I didn't get too crazy with it, but it's definitely a nice relaxing flyer. I opened it up a little bit and it will fly fast as well. Did a loop or two and a couple rolls. It definitely doesn't roll fast, but with a little elevator it will stay pretty flat in a roll. It did well on the bumpy grass but that's probably because I took the stock tires off and replaced them with some 2-3/4 inche Dubro foam tires. They look better and definitely handle the bumps better. I put two batteries through it today and was a lot of fun. It already lands so slow, I am not sure where the flaps would really be needed, but they will be fun to mess with. Now I just a need a radio that will give me varying flap positions instead of on or off of the Dx6i.

Had the maiden flight of the Beaver today. It was a little windy, but not terrible, so it had to go in the air. It is definitely a nice scale flyer. I didn't push it too much, just trying to get used to the plane. It didn't take much trim and it flew quite nicely. I did swap out the stock tires for some 2-3/4 inch Du-Bro foam tires. Besides the occasional dead end/abandoned road, I fly almost exclusively on grass so bigger tires are a must. Now I need to find a good place to use the floats. I messed with the flaps a little, but it already lands so slow they are really just there for fun. It certainly doesn't roll as fast as my T-28 or my TH Hellcat. With a little up elevator I was able to maintain altitude when doing rolls. I am not sure I got the throttle much above half. I am sure I hit full throttle a time or two, but I was really focusing on a more scale flight. If this ends up being a double post, the forum is acting funny... I keep getting database errors.

slowjo

Master member
Ok, I have a few complaints.
1. The Tactic anylink module attaches to the back of the transmitter with a really strong type of velcro. When you want to remove it the velcro adhesive lets loose and both pieces either stay with the transmitter or come off with the anylink.

2. The starboard wing likes to come loose after a few landings or aerobatic maneuvers. I don't think it will completely separate in flight because of the flap linkages, wing struts, and carbon fiber wing spars will still hold everything together. It separates by no more than 1/2 of an inch. I really wish they would use good old fashioned screws instead of cheap plastic clips to secure the wings. To remove the wings you need to use a screwdriver to remove the wing struts and flap linkage screws anyways. A couple extra screws instead of clips to hold the wings on would be much better.
I just bought a used one, but very nice condition, previous owner put a screw thru the front clip to guaranty it doesn't come off, flys good but does have some unique characteristics and the roll rate is really slow, don't know if this can be improved? I did extend flap throw because they only moved about 1/4'', it definitely looks cool in slow flybys, jo

slowjo

Master member
While flying the beaver today i noticed it sounded like it was only running on 8 cylinders :). After landing I was checking the plane over and I found the problem. It appears that flyzone has invented the worlds first 8 cylinder radial engine:confused:.
mine only runs on 8 too