Flyzone S.E.5a

I was surfing Tower looking for a good plane to buddy box with my Girlfriend and came across the Flyzone Micro SE5a on sale for a heck of a deal. $39

Would go great with my TTX 650 and TTX 404 Tactic combo. And while a scale micro probably isn't the best plane for learning (she has no RC plane experience, but does really well on my RC Cars) At that price I almost couldn't go wrong.

Does anyone else here have one of these? Does it fly docile enough for a beginner?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'm not sure that any micro is great for a beginner. Are they flyable? Sure! But being small means they are much more twitchy, suceptable to wind and can get out of sight quickly, none of which are good for a beginner.
I wouldn't pass up the deal, but use it as an incentive builder("as soon as you are ready, you can fly this") for her as you teach her to fly on a bigger trainer. It will be more enjoyable for her...

Gotcha....that does make sense. Bigger trainer it is. Probably going to look at the Sensei or maybe the Ares gamma pro with the 2 different wings.