FNG

jdeluyck

Hi guys and girls,
I am new to the forum, so I thought I would stop in and say hello.

Before I say anything about myself, I have to say that I so glad for the work that the guys at FliteTest do spread the word on RC Modeling. More importantly, they make it fun! The best part of watching the videos is the fact that the people making them are having a lot of fun! That is infectious! And if that weren't enough, you are bringing young people into this great hobby! The work you are doing with STEM and involving young kids is awesome. Thanks for all you do!!!

So, a little about me... I live in Ocala, FL at On Top of the World. If you are a member of the AMA, no doubt you have seen the advertisements for our community. The flying field is less than 3 miles from my house by car (or golf cart). We love living here, and the weather is better good also.

I have been flying RC Model airplanes for about 25 years. I built my trainer from a kit... Mostly I like to fly large warbirds. I am currently building a TBM Avenger from Kellogg plans, with a 180 cc Moki radial engine on the front. I enclosed a picture below.

Watching the FliteTest videos has reinvigorated me somewhat, in that I have know found an interest in First Person View flying. Previously I was not very interested, but watching the A-10 strafing with the airsoft gun was very cool. So, I will likely be researching and seeking advice on this aspect of the hobby.

Remember, Take offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
Jerry DeLuyck

IMG_20191119_154748.jpg

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Hi guys and girls,
I am new to the forum, so I thought I would stop in and say hello.

Before I say anything about myself, I have to say that I so glad for the work that the guys at FliteTest do spread the word on RC Modeling. More importantly, they make it fun! The best part of watching the videos is the fact that the people making them are having a lot of fun! That is infectious! And if that weren't enough, you are bringing young people into this great hobby! The work you are doing with STEM and involving young kids is awesome. Thanks for all you do!!!

So, a little about me... I live in Ocala, FL at On Top of the World. If you are a member of the AMA, no doubt you have seen the advertisements for our community. The flying field is less than 3 miles from my house by car (or golf cart). We love living here, and the weather is better good also.

I have been flying RC Model airplanes for about 25 years. I built my trainer from a kit... Mostly I like to fly large warbirds. I am currently building a TBM Avenger from Kellogg plans, with a 180 cc Moki radial engine on the front. I enclosed a picture below.

Watching the FliteTest videos has reinvigorated me somewhat, in that I have know found an interest in First Person View flying. Previously I was not very interested, but watching the A-10 strafing with the airsoft gun was very cool. So, I will likely be researching and seeking advice on this aspect of the hobby.

Remember, Take offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
Jerry DeLuyck

View attachment 156057
Welcome! and nice work!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I haven't heard "FNG" in a while! 🤣
Would say that with 25 years in the hobby you dont count as an FNG, but then you went and wrote
First Person View...
instead of the "FPV" acronym we've been using for years so yeah... maybe FNG! 😄

Jokes aside, welcome to the forum!

As a long time fixed wing guy myself, I absolutely love FPV on my equipment. It's like a whole new hobby! It doesn't take much to get a little camera set up on about any bird and pretty cheap too. I look forward to seeing you around!

jdeluyck

I haven't heard "FNG" in a while! 🤣
Would say that with 25 years in the hobby you dont count as an FNG, but then you went and wrote instead of the "FPV" acronym we've been using for years so yeah... maybe FNG! 😄
I originally wrote FPV then changed it, habit of not using acronyms before I defined them is not easy to forget. :)