Foam board recreation of a Carbon Z Cessna 150

Captain Video

Good Afternoon:
I have a Carbon Z Cessna 150 which is an awesome plane. I want to reproduce it in Foam board 1 to 1. Has anyone have comparable plans? If non exist, suggestions how to start from scratch?

JTarmstr

Elite member
LOL, Big Al was my grandpa, who's Cessna 150M I modeled this on. It's actually just a 'monster' version of my little Cessna which FT is currently reviewing

Would anyone be interested in this 'monster' Cessna as a speed build kit? Asking for a friend.... ;)

I would be interested in it if I had enough money for a big battery and the Radial motor, which I dont. but it looks like a good design.

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
LOL, Big Al was my grandpa, who's Cessna 150M I modeled this on. It's actually just a 'monster' version of my little Cessna which FT is currently reviewing

Would anyone be interested in this 'monster' Cessna as a speed build kit? Asking for a friend.... ;)

I saw a little Cessna in the dark wing duck episode, was that yours, because it looks great!

grego83500

hello first of all congratulations for this construction it is beautiful.I am looking for a plan to build this plane would you be willing to share it so that I can keep one too?plz (sorry for m'y english i am french)

kilroy07

Legendary member
@Mid7night So I see in their latest video Josh working on the Cessna, Congrats!! (y)(y)

So, the monster, is that just a scaled up version of the "mini" using the new Thicker foam board or a whole redesign?
And thanks, :mad: now it looks like I'll have to save up even MORE for FF this year and come home with at least one of those monster motors... (Especially after Josh whispered MUSTANG in the video!!) :love:

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
@Mid7night So I see in their latest video Josh working on the Cessna, Congrats!! (y)(y)

So, the monster, is that just a scaled up version of the "mini" using the new Thicker foam board or a whole redesign?
And thanks, :mad: now it looks like I'll have to save up even MORE for FF this year and come home with at least one of those monster motors... (Especially after Josh whispered MUSTANG in the video!!) :love:

The Monster is a direct 240% scale of the Mini, but using normal foamboard - I don’t have their Monster Foam yet. There MAAY be talk of other variants of this plane, but I don’t want to spill too many uncooked beans. I’m just excited for this to be out!

The preorder link is live now!
https://store.flitetest.com/flite-test-commuter-electric-airplane-kit-762mm-flt-1067/p977513

kvcaner

Definitely want this scale version! Plans, speed build kit, whatever I can get my hands on! I'd prefer the plans actually.

YES PLEASE!

are regular plans around somewhere, I don't see them in the usual spot on the store. I am thinking a 200% build would be easy enough.

Last edited:

Tonero311

I'll throw my hat into the ring on this one too. Definitely after the 240% version and associated electrics package. That is an amazing build and beautiful in the air from the video you posted Ben.

Right. Would love to build a new design... but not much happening these days.

I do appreciate Ben's active role and frequent posts about FT and his own stuff. I wish we had drawings that were easier to take to a shop to print at 200% without any file manipulation. My local guy's widest print is 36" so this limits upscaling some without making new files which I do not know how to do.