Foam Board Rocketry Challenge

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I also got into rockets at a young age and even have a gold one that used film to take pictures at apogee. Really cool when I was 5. Then I build some out of cardboard tubes I had lying around and I still haven't lost one yet. Although I did have to make a new friend to get one out of a gutter but that's a story for a different time.

i wanna hear it! put it in the crash thread i started! also is apogee an event?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
It is technically but it is also used for describing the highest a rocket goes before gravity starts to bring it back to earth.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
haha. i might have a slight advantage considering my hobby before i got into rc was rocketry. i have 6 rockets (5 that i can launch, one needs fins bc apparently the recover system included ejecting half of the rocket), 3 launch stands, 2 functional launch controller, and- lets see- one C6-5 and two A10-3T rocket engines (i did a big launch day with my 4H club a few months ago where i went through about $25 worth of engines. this is all i have left at the moment) i will try to attach a picture of the remnants after.

thats my bucket of stuff after
View attachment 102207

i laid out some stuff on my bed after. yummy sulfur smell for a week after.

**file upload keeps failing. sorry no other pictures.

edit: just wanted to note i did rockets for a long time. since i was like 8. most of them flew away. recently i have had better luck. needless to say, my collection would be 3 times as large if i had recovered them all over the years.

All of the picture I take with my phone are to large to upload here so I use the Windows snipping tool to effectively screen capture. this changes the picture from 2.5MB (too big) to 165kb (just fine.) Maybe that can help you with the pic upload.

Unless you're like me, I think I have a continuous mild EMP emission i think, because they seem to malfunction more the closer I get. :)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
If you're on an Android phone, there is an app I use called "Photo & Picture Resizer" that works very quickly and easily. I use it to crunch all my pics from 3.5megs down to less than 100k at 1280x768 resolution for the forums.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I just take a screen shot of the image and that usually compresses it down enough for the forums.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
It is technically but it is also used for describing the highest a rocket goes before gravity starts to bring it back to earth.

oh lol i knew that. i had another of my dumb dumb moments where i don't make connections. haha. i thought you shot a rocket up over an event and took pictures from it or something. so was the camera on the rocket? i want to get one of those 808 keychain cameras. great as a wing cam bc they are so light. they are so light that you can put them on a rocket. i wanna put it on the amazon or prospector. both quite big. 23 & 29.5 inches, respectively.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
All of the picture I take with my phone are to large to upload here so I use the Windows snipping tool to effectively screen capture. this changes the picture from 2.5MB (too big) to 165kb (just fine.) Maybe that can help you with the pic upload.

Unless you're like me, I think I have a continuous mild EMP emission i think, because they seem to malfunction more the closer I get. :)

i thinks that my internet is just bad because the first one worked and they were all takes by the same camera on the same setting.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
If you're on an Android phone, there is an app I use called "Photo & Picture Resizer" that works very quickly and easily. I use it to crunch all my pics from 3.5megs down to less than 100k at 1280x768 resolution for the forums.

noted. thank you. i unfortunately have apple. i am going to get android for my first phone though. so much better.

4bangen

I found through my testing with the "custom" DFT cuda's that at 150=mph DTF control surfaces will indeed let you down. BUT that's on an airplane, traditional rockets are a totally different animal. Good luck and have fun. Og and invest in a fire extinguisher (don't ask me how I know)