Foam board UK??

Hey,
Im a tech teacher in the UK and buy a fair amount of foamboard from a supplier called Seawhite of Brighton. I pay £20 for 10 sheets and it's free delivery if you spend over £100 (for you serious builders). Thankfully I have also got access to an A1 laser cutter so can perfectly replicate the fast build kits :p

MarkWoody

Hey,
Im a tech teacher in the UK and buy a fair amount of foamboard from a supplier called Seawhite of Brighton. I pay £20 for 10 sheets and it's free delivery if you spend over £100 (for you serious builders). Thankfully I have also got access to an A1 laser cutter so can perfectly replicate the fast build kits :p

Great , get some cut out and pop them up on the for sale section :) , i bet you would be sold out in no time :)

Hogthrobb

I haven’t built anything yet but interested in building something with my boys.
I do however have another good source of foam board - hobsrepro printers in most big towns - they have foam board up to 3600mm x 1200mm available in 3mm and 5mm

FDS

Elite member
Just be aware that that is the heavier Westfoam stuff. See several discussions about its limitations. FT foam is now back in stock at Model Shop Leeds and Steve Webb Models plus other.

messyhead

I built a modified tiny trainer with a bigger wing using the west foam board, and it flew.

Im just rebuilding a second one, and I've also ordered a FT quick build kit from the Leeds shop.

I'm thinking of building a simple cub next.

leaded50

Legendary member
Hey hotwax, it seems that you have some expirience with kapa board. I happend to run into a complete package of kapa fix (adhesive on one side) with 28 squaremeters of blank foamboard. Why do you think kapa is not the right thing for scratchbuilds? To heavy? If so i will have to sell it (got the package for free, so no big spendings yet!).
Be careful on which Kapa.. some (at least the ones get here) do also have a coated alufilm on other side of the adhesive one... remember your radiosignals.... i needed go back and remove on a build because lost signal easy