Foam board wing on a 914 Porsche autocross car.

Joe Sharp

So today I tried my hand at rapping the wing with the foam board and it came out OK and I learned a lot. "The table is my friend."

Attachments

• IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 0

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Man, I had this backwards. I thought you were trying to create less downforce on the rear! I'm thinking this shouldn't need too much - those 914s were pretty well split with front/rear balance, as I remember. They used to go toe to toe with the Miatas when they'd do Solo II at Qualcomm in San Diego.

Joe Sharp

Qualcomm, the only A/X track I fear. I believe that it is the fastest A/X in the country. I'll probably go there when I get the car ready for racing. I'm from Huntington Beach originally and have raced with the PCA OCR and visited Qualcomm.

Attachments

• IMG_20190327_175931793.jpg
    IMG_20190327_175931793.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Qualcomm, the only A/X track I fear. I believe that it is the fastest A/X in the country. I'll probably go there when I get the car ready for racing. I'm from Huntington Beach originally and have raced with the PCA OCR and visited Qualcomm.

LOL the worst thing you have worry about there is the potholes, broken asphalt, and dirt runoff on the concrete "gutters" (they're more like flat V shapes that transition from where it's flat to the slope of the hill). I used to race a 2002 Saturn SC2 there, STX class, and those were the worst things I found. I wanted to run my Mustang GT through, but never did. Might go back someday to try out the Mini Countryman I just got.

lauravarez

I've always liked the way it was before. I prefer different models of classic planes, classic cars. For example, my grandfather had a Retro vehicle, and I liked it very much. This car was at full speed, and as yes I was a child, I thought that soon I would be driving this car. But unfortunately, my family was faced with the need for money, And because of this, we had to sell my grandfather's Retro car. Now that I have grown up, the price to buy retro vehicles is very high, so I prefer to rent a classic car and enjoy driving for less. When I rent it, I often go traveling, and I like how people react to passers-by.

Last edited:

Joe Sharp

Update: The car is out of the shop and in a trailer. I needed the room to put another car in there. Here is a picture of the car now.

Robert S

That look awesome! SM class or something crazier? When I lived in Dallas I drove my 2006 Subaru STi in SCCA A- Stock until I put a Stage II tune on it and got bumped to SM. I was totally uncompetitive at that point (not that I was really competitive anyways). Did a lot of HPDE at Texas Motorsports Ranch too.

I sold the Scoobie-Doo when I left San Diego and moved back East. Dam I miss that car. Both my kids grew up in the back of it. Now I'm looking for a old, well maintained but well worn Miata now to play with. Daddy needs another go-kart.