Foam Board

Rohit

I want to know which Foam Board is used in scratch builds by Flitetest ?.. because there is a paper layer visible which is not available in local store.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Welcome to the forums? Where are you? Your location on the planet will determine what material is best suited for these builds.

It is Adams Readiboard. Available at Dollar Tree stores and Dollar General stores in the US.

People outside the U.S. can get it as BAZIC board from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00275EC50?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00. Shipping cost is usually the limiting factor. This supplier is an international distributor of Adams Readiboard.

Let us know what you build and how it all works out.

Rohit

thanks for the quick answer. I am from India and i want to build rc plane capable of high payload and good speed.
Thus i decided to go with Flite Test Scratch Builds versa wing or The bloody wonder (thanks to Corbarrad ) . can u recommend me any good foam ??

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
People have been using "5 mm Depron", but you need to add a layer of packing tape or similar on it for the hinges and stuff. I'm not experienced with this, so I can't give any more tips.

I'm moving this thread to a section with more builders, so you might get better answers from them.

oOFutteOo

I am from Denmark and im building from 6mm depron i have never seen 5mm depron. That Would bee nice i have to modifi all plans to adjust fore the thikker foam

Paul-H

Hi

I am in the UK so no options for low cost foam board over here. I use the stuff from Daler Rowney sold in Art Stors. A good quality product but the paper backing does not remove easily.

Paul