Foam board

HarveyRc

Hi guys,I am planning on building a viperjet,most of which would be made of 3mm balsa,...am in need of 3mm foamboard like the depron ramy rc used below,i have checked most stores but I couldn't get one...hoping you guys could tell me how and where to get a substitute for the foam below..
Thanks in anticipation
Screenshot_20190901-012751~2.png
Screenshot_20190901-012823~2.png
Screenshot_20190901-012848~2.png

HarveyRc

dollar tree foam board? depron can be optained from liquor stores, old cigarette signs.
Dollat tree website has been down for a while now I think,
dollar tree foam board? depron can be optained from liquor stores, old cigarette signs.
dollar tree website has been down for a while now,it always
thanks buzzbumb,i would try it out

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
If you are in the USA, it's easiest just to go to the Dollar Tree store. Walmart carries Ross's foam board which is a good substitute. My Dollar General carries Adams foam board which is the same stuff as the Dollar Tree.

HarveyRc

If you are in the USA, it's easiest just to go to the Dollar Tree store. Walmart carries Ross's foam board which is a good substitute. My Dollar General carries Adams foam board which is the same stuff as the Dollar Tree.
Thanks merv...is it possible I order it online from dollar general if am not in the US...and even if I were about Hou much is it and dimensions please
Thanks in anticipation merv

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Thanks merv...is it possible I order it online from dollar general if am not in the US...and even if I were about Hou much is it and dimensions please
Thanks in anticipation merv
Different countries have their pwn local suppliers and even versions of FB. Without knowing your country of origin those that might know your local supplier network may not post the information.

If you tell us your country of residence then maybe someone can help you with the local suppliers!

Have fun!

HarveyRc

Different countries have their pwn local suppliers and even versions of FB. Without knowing your country of origin those that might know your local supplier network may not post the information.

If you tell us your country of residence then maybe someone can help you with the local suppliers!

Have fun!
I am from Nigeria,Africa...not many people here are involved in this kinda hubby,so I could to tell you I don't think there is even one local supplier that sells foam board...please am getting frustrated,cant somebody there in the US just help me buy,then I send shipping and service fee?
Thanks guys
Thanks hai-lee

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I am in Australia and Dollar Tree does not exist here!

The simplest places to find Foam Board are craft shops, photo/picture framers, Office supplies, and even those that print signs, (for election campaigns).

Believe it or not you can also use cardboard, coreflute, and the like to make the FT airframes.

If you have internet access various places will ship ANYWHERE. Even Hobby King is now selling FoamBoard i believe.

I have not been able to do a search on FB in Nigeria as the number of ads from exporters fill the search results and I could spend weeks going through them. Do a search for local businesses and you might find exactly what you are looking for locally!

Have fun!

HarveyRc

I am in Australia and Dollar Tree does not exist here!

The simplest places to find Foam Board are craft shops, photo/picture framers, Office supplies, and even those that print signs, (for election campaigns).

Believe it or not you can also use cardboard, coreflute, and the like to make the FT airframes.

If you have internet access various places will ship ANYWHERE. Even Hobby King is now selling FoamBoard i believe.

I have not been able to do a search on FB in Nigeria as the number of ads from exporters fill the search results and I could spend weeks going through them. Do a search for local businesses and you might find exactly what you are looking for locally!

Have fun!
Thanks for you support hai-lee...i think I would try others

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
You could go to the website of dollar tree’s supplier. RL Adams makes the foam that dollar tree sells. I’m not sure if they sell it online but you could try.

FDS

Elite member
Adams DO NOT sell outside the USA and their minimum order is a TRUCK FULL. I talked to them, via email, they are super helpful and will answer questions that way but you are not going to be able to purchase board from them.
Your best bet is to use a US based shipping forwarder to receive an order from Dollar Tree and send it on to you. Not cheap but will be the only way to get Adams board except via a Flite Test stockist or Dollar Tree etc.

HarveyRc

Thanks fds for your support,i think am clear on what to do now

Adams DO NOT sell outside the USA and their minimum order is a TRUCK FULL. I talked to them, via email, they are super helpful and will answer questions that way but you are not going to be able to purchase board from them.
Your best bet is to use a US based shipping forwarder to receive an order from Dollar Tree and send it on to you. Not cheap but will be the only way to get Adams board except via a Flite Test stockist or Dollar Tree etc.

CheckMySix

I just picked up some Ross foamboard from walmart and really like it. Little thicker at about 1/4 inch but when comparing weight to Adam's from dollar store, full sheet of ross is 128-130 grams to Adam's 108-110 grams. I'd take the stronger over the lighter. So much easier separating from paper than the Adam's too. Thought the dollar store had the Adam's that failed QA...lol. was so terrible taking out strips for folds. Dang...now I gotta go to walmart more often. Argh! 😉😁 hate that place!