Foam Board

That guy's a troll. He's hearing them say "increase your web presence" and "strengthen your brand" so he's going to every forum of any type he can find and sticking his foot in the door to see where he gets kicked out of. He knows absolutely nothing about anything we're here for, and he doesn't care.

F32trojan

Is this Flite Test foam board or Adam Readi board.

Attachments

• spitfire.jpg
    spitfire.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Is this Flite Test foam board or Adam Readi board.
It's the flitetest brown "water resistant" foamboard. That and Adams Readi Board are considered the go-to brands. They're exactly the same weight, lighter than any others. I would think the FT brown would be stronger and heavier, but I weighed them both, and they do in fact weight the same. The brown is impregnated with silicon or some waxy compound. Water resistant is great but you might have trouble with painting. (There are ways around any trouble you might have.) The Adams is just $1 and also works great. Some prefer Adams, some FT brown. I keep both. :D There's always talk of other products that are almost as light, etc. but if you're able to get one of these, these are are the ones you want.

F32trojan

It's the flitetest brown "water resistant" foamboard. That and Adams Readi Board are considered the go-to brands. They're exactly the same weight, lighter than any others. I would think the FT brown would be stronger and heavier, but I weighed them both, and they do in fact weight the same. The brown is impregnated with silicon or some waxy compound. Water resistant is great but you might have trouble with painting. (There are ways around any trouble you might have.) The Adams is just $1 and also works great. Some prefer Adams, some FT brown. I keep both. :D There's always talk of other products that are almost as light, etc. but if you're able to get one of these, these are are the ones you want.

When I watch the You Tube stuff they are stripping the paper on the inside of the wing and fuselage. Is this required with the Readi Board?

When I watch the You Tube stuff they are stripping the paper on the inside of the wing and fuselage. Is this required with the Readi Board?
It's not exactly required anywhere, but removing paper does reduce weight by a significant amount, It also reduces strength, so it's a trade-off. A lot depends on the plane - Some really need that weight benefit, and some will fly being a tiny bit heavier. Best to do whatever the pros are doing. It's really no sweat, and you know weight is a huge factor for planes.

F32trojan

It's not exactly required anywhere, but removing paper does reduce weight by a significant amount, It also reduces strength, so it's a trade-off. A lot depends on the plane - Some really need that weight benefit, and some will fly being a tiny bit heavier. Best to do whatever the pros are doing. It's really no sweat, and you know weight is a huge factor for planes.

I do appreciate your assistance. Brand new to this.

Burnhard

I always thought removing the paper is done to better mold it, not because of the weight. It is close to impossible to mold a piece of foamboard with paper on both sides.

That guy's a troll. He's hearing them say "increase your web presence" and "strengthen your brand" so he's going to every forum of any type he can find and sticking his foot in the door to see where he gets kicked out of. He knows absolutely nothing about anything we're here for, and he doesn't care.
I meant the other guy, not you @Taildragger. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

what is the context of this?
You can find the message that you responded to at the top of your message. If you click that it takes you back to that message. Chances are that user replied to a message before that. Keep clicking back until you understand the context. :LOL:

Nothing specific that makes you a troll. Just that you were in on calling this guy out. And this is me rattling your chain.