• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Foam wing DLG electric

Awesome. Looking forward to see this in the air.
I seem to be only able to grab an hour at a time just at the moment, but am getting there with the painting. In parallel, I've been reassembling my trainer glider with ailerons instead of the rudder so I can have a crack, and probably a crash flying bank and yank! I am way ahead of myself building vs flying skills (except on the sim). Envious of Brisbane weather!

The V tail mount is glued on and I made a bit more progress on painting prep. The motor mount needs to be fitted and then trimmed at the edges to fit under the cowl, and once that is done I will dry fit the components.

I also ordered some new servos, extension leads, control horns and pushrods. Previously I made my own control horns but I ended up with too much slop, so with this one, I will try and be a tad more precise.

IMG_4890.JPG IMG_4891.JPG IMG_4892.JPG

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Mentor
Slop in a horn will drive you to madness . . . Or CA.

It's actually a fairly popular trick to CA the Z-bend into the horn with a medium CA (so it gap-fills), wait for it to cure, then break the joint loose. The CA won't bond well to the wire, but sticks to the glass/plastic/wood horn -- a little twist, and the wire breaks free into a hole precisely the diameter of the wire.

It's actually a fairly popular trick to CA the Z-bend into the horn with a medium CA (so it gap-fills), wait for it to cure, then break the joint loose. The CA won't bond well to the wire, but sticks to the glass/plastic/wood horn -- a little twist, and the wire breaks free into a hole precisely the diameter of the wire.
Nice tip! you the man! Funnily enough, the new pushrods and control horns arrived today and there is definitely a miss match in the hole size vs the wire size!

I need to buy some CA - never really used the stuff!

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I didn't like it because I agree with it. I liked because you just taught it to me. Thanks.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Mentor
I didn't like it because I agree with it. I liked because you just taught it to me. Thanks.
One of the benefits of flying a glider competition -- the first time contestant probably won't do well, but hanging around the other contestants, you'll certainly get better at it.

That's one of several tricks I've seen as desperate pilots are racing to make their planes airworthy again before the next round.

If you ever get a chance to fly in one, don't pass it up.