SP0NZ submitted a new resource:

Foam Wonder - Foam Wonder Free Build Plans

Foam Wonder
The "Standard"

Based on the original balsa wood design by Bruce Tharpe

Foam Board Conversion by: Dan Sponholz
Plans by: Dan Sponholz
View attachment 228917
The Sig Wonder is a classic balsa wood and plywood, gas powered model that was designed by Bruce Tharpe in the early 90's and kitted by Sig Manufacturing. Many veteran modelers and RC pilots are familiar with this classic...

Read more about this resource...

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
This just moved to the top of my list for the next builds.

I've done enough of these to have down the most basic steps,

• cut
  • bevel
  • glue into plane
  • install radio and servos

I'd appreciate it if you'd add a couple of substeps under "glue into the plane," as I almost always can't figure out where a piece goes, or I'll glue in a doubler too soon or too late.

Thanx so much

FlyingTyger

Elite member
This just moved to the top of my list for the next builds.

I've done enough of these to have down the most basic steps,

• cut
  • bevel
  • glue into plane
  • install radio and servos

I'd appreciate it if you'd add a couple of substeps under "glue into the plane," as I almost always can't figure out where a piece goes, or I'll glue in a doubler too soon or too late.

Thanx so much

Make sure you run the aileron wires before you glue the wing on. Mount the firewall before glueing the fuse top panel on. Besides that, this is a really simple build. I did a couple beta builds, on one I glued the fuse doublers in before folding up the fuse, on another I added them after. Didn't seem to matter which way I did it.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
It's OUT! Lookin' great Dan! Thanks for letting me try this out early, it's a blast.

No joke, one of the most boring maiden flights of a scratchbuild I've EVER had, but solid-fun-and-easy to fly!

BTW: "Boring maiden" in my book is a compliment! :p

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
It's OUT! Lookin' great Dan! Thanks for letting me try this out early, it's a blast.

No joke, one of the most boring maiden flights of a scratchbuild I've EVER had, but solid-fun-and-easy to fly!

BTW: "Boring maiden" in my book is a compliment! :p
Thanks Ben!

Scoefactor

What a great plane. It flies slow, it flies fast. Steers through the air with ease. My family and I downloaded the plans yesterday morning and the plane was in the air by 2pm. The design is well planned. My children were able to build it and fly it. We glided it in for an easy soft belly landing many times. I think it would be good for combat flying as well. Thanks for the memories Spon. This plane is perfect.
D92D7EC4-BD33-467A-8B3D-59E7627C0036.jpeg
A03156EF-46CA-48F5-BBAE-D4FB18269DA5.jpeg
26A0187D-A708-49D7-8ABB-51DF2D07B2AA.jpeg
F72ECEBF-39BA-493A-AAA9-DB5A2D4669DD.jpeg
A76BA6B0-B1B2-40DB-97D1-1A53A6B4C582.jpeg

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
What a great plane. It flies slow, it flies fast. Steers through the air with ease. My family and I downloaded the plans yesterday morning and the plane was in the air by 2pm. The design is well planned. My children were able to build it and fly it. We glided it in for an easy soft belly landing many times. I think it would be good for combat flying as well. Thanks for the memories Spon. This plane is perfect.
Saw your post on facebook too. This makes it all worth it for me. I Absolutely love that you and your kids are enjoying this together!