Foamboard Alternative to Hobbyzone Super Cub LP (FREE PLANS)

Taildragger

Legendary member
Well I had a few people (@FlyerInStyle , @Matthewdupreez to be specific) asking for plans to my PA-12. As promised, I am designing a foamboard PA-18 in similar style and figured I should make it a new version of one of my favorite planes, the Hobbyzone Super Cub LP (sadly discontinued). Because of this I am making this a very versatile cub. Here is an incomplete list of options I will be incorporating:
3 or 4 channel control
Normal wheels, Bushwheels, or Floats
Power Pack B or C
1300-2200 mah packs
3s or 4s (4s not recommended :LOL:)

So as you can see, configure it as you want! I will probably do 3s 1300 power pack B and 3ch, but I want to let @FlyerInStyle decide what version I should release first.
So, @FlyerInStyle, whats it gonna be? ;)

Specs!
Wingspan: 48in
Weight: unkown
Wing Cube Load: 7-11
Build Skill/5: 3-4
Pilot Skill/5: 2-3

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Well I had a few people (@FlyerInStyle , @Matthewdupreez to be specific) asking for plans to my PA-12. As promised, I am designing a foamboard PA-18 in similar style and figured I should make it a new version of one of my favorite planes, the Hobbyzone Super Cub LP (sadly discontinued). Because of this I am making this a very versatile cub. Here is an incomplete list of options I will be incorporating:
3 or 4 channel control
Power Pack B or C
1300-2200 mah packs

So as you can see, configure it as you want! I will probably do 3s 1300 power pack B and 3ch, but I want to let @FlyerInStyle decide what version I should release first.
awesome!!!!

Piotrsko

Master member
You all know the differences between all the Piper high rag wing are: flaps or not, 3ft wing clipping or not, and wider fuselage or not, and bigger engines and strut layout and sometimes a rear door. Pacers have clipped wings, fat fueslages, and big motors, Pa18's are long wing skinny fuse Pacers. Tri pacers have the training wheel up front. Saying this because a cub variant is a starting point.

You all know the differences between all the Piper high rag wing are: flaps or not, 3ft wing clipping or not, and wider fuselage or not, and bigger engines and strut layout and sometimes a rear door. Pacers have clipped wings, fat fueslages, and big motors, Pa18's are long wing skinny fuse Pacers. Tri pacers have the training wheel up front. Saying this because a cub variant is a starting point.
LOL you calling that a training wheel is like Ford guys calling these "band-aid stripes".
But I'm with you on the training wheel.

403c951dca314134b3dd531d1e884515--blue-cars-chevrolet-chevelle.jpg

Taildragger

Legendary member
Every version of this particular plane uses the narrow PA18 fuselage.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
3 or 4 channel control
Power Pack B or C
1300-2200 mah packs

Specs!
Wingspan: 48in
Weight: unkown
Wing Cube Load: 7-11
Build Skill/5: 3-4
Pilot Skill/5: 2-3
I hope by what verssion you are asking which model and I am going to say of all the pa18s a pa19 would be best, but you gorra do thae aerostar modded biplane one! just make it outright 4ch.

Taildragger

Legendary member
I hope by what verssion you are asking which model and I am going to say of all the pa18s a pa19 would be best, but you gorra do thae aerostar modded biplane one! just make it outright 4ch.
What I'm asking is which combo i should design first, just tell me 3 or 4 channel, power pack B or C, and bushwheels, normal wheels or floats :)

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
What I'm asking is which combo i should design first, just tell me 3 or 4 channel, power pack B or C, and bushwheels, normal wheels or floats :)
oh! then if you have snow floats if not then normal wheels, 4ch and power pack c! make the modded classic lengthened version!! also, the biplane really cant slip out somebodys outta make it!

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
I can't really respond because people will call me a troll.
Back to the topic at hand.
Yeah me too, snow bush float wheels on a C D E pack Piper Pacer P18 3s 4s 2200 mah cuber winger loader trimaran...
:rolleyes: Sounds like a salad bar.

With all due respect @Taildragger. ;) Good thread.

You wound me, good sir! I'd NEVER call you a troll, your an evil FORD hater, who MUST be flogged in Tahiti Square with a ripe banana!

So there!

EDIT: Sounds more like a root beer float??

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Taildragger

Legendary member
I can't really respond because people will call me a troll.
Back to the topic at hand.
Yeah me too, snow bush float wheels on a C D E pack Piper Pacer P18 3s 4s 2200 mah cuber winger loader trimaran...
:rolleyes: Sounds like a salad bar.

With all due respect @Taildragger. ;) Good thread.
thats the point, pick and choose what you want, and you still have a great looking cub

thats the point, pick and choose what you want, and you still have a great looking cub
I'm so troll-y right now I shouldn't even be here. But you've got a great design going on, community oriented with forethought given to all the options.

Don't waste my time @Taildragger, It BETTER turn out to be an awesome plane. :mad: :LOL:

Ford? Oh yeah, they make dump trucks and, like, Volkswagens right?