Foamboard dlgs

flyboa

Elite member
I prefer the 1.5m for all around performance but the 1m can be fun also. Electronic packages for 7 more planes plus extra servos.

Last edited:

flyboa

Elite member
Finished the 1m DLG . AUW 110g with three HK5330 servos and a 1s 150mA battery.
20190718_080509.jpg

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
@flyboa - nice - some flying followed by a barbeque? You are setting records with the weight levels! Also, it looks like you might be on a 'bus' system for the wiring?

flyboa

Elite member
@bracesport No bus system used. I have paralled the the power lines on some of my receivers which might look like a bus system. A 3ch setup only needs 5 wires connected to the rx. 3 signal and power(+ & -) then tap off the battery and parallel to each servo.

Some ppl use seperate power packs to run their receivers and isolate them from faulty servos that might cause a brown out (loss of rx power).

Before my maiden I need to program flaperons and move the CG forward a little.

20190718_080339.jpg

Last edited:

flyboa

Elite member
@bracesport I had a wing fold on a 188g 1.5m. It had some creases but overall looked good. Decided to put it on a 140g ship and see if it would fly. It worked fine.

I think the original failure was due to high humidity, too much dihedral, and weight of the plane.

Last edited:

flyboa

Elite member
Maidened a new 3ch 1.5m this morning. Elevator spring was too weak. AUW 150g. I ordered some 50mm black PVC shrink tubing but it is coming from China so I ordered red that got here in 2 days.

@bracesport My next wing is going to incorporate more top camber like your wing.

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
@flyboa - V nice as always - once I sand the leading edge on Thursday I will take a nice shot of the root chord cross-section - undoubtedly my ship will be a rock compared to yours, but I am aiming for the slope (but will still try a wing launch)! I am interested to know how many functioning DLGs you have? I struggle with time available for building and flying, but over time, that will improve! :D

flyboa

Elite member
@bracesport 10 ready to fly and 3 works in progress. Friends have given me a bunch of stuff over the years. Never know when it might come in handy. Mostly just buying DTFB and some balsa once in a while.

bracesport

Legendary member
I am just about to print some new control horns for the DLG ailerons - what is the standoff height you are using at the moment (marked 'x'x), and are you aligning the hole on the hinge centre(marked 'y')? :cool:

IMG_6939.jpg

flyboa

Elite member
7 or 8mm for stand off. Depends on servos arm and the deflection desired. I run very little deflection since the full span flaperons are very efficient and I don't program full flaps. Yes, hole centered on hinge line.