Foamboard dlgs

flyboa

Elite member
I have a few 6 ch and 3 ch UMX boards. There might be a way to tap into the motor signal on the 3ch board. On the 6ch brushed motor board it can be converted to a brushless by programming it with the transmitter. I don't know if the 3ch board can be converted to brushless.

Last edited:

energyParticle

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this board, and especially to Flyboa, for sharing your knowledge. I'm getting ready to build my first DLG following your instructions. I'm in Toronto, Canada and local RC stores are running low on supplies, so it might take longer than expected to get necessary parts, but I will share my progress as I go.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Ah, so it goes from single post plug to USB.
I saw another where both ends were single post plug. Will both of them work?
Depends. You'll notice the single post end is different from a typical headphone jack, a headphone jack has 3 segments while this one only has two.

Here's a headphone connector:
s-l1000.jpg

And here's the simulator cable:
agnhep000021.jpg

bracesport

Legendary member
You only need a signal and a ground to make the simulator/trainer work.

My fsi6 and my jumper T16 have a mini USB out that makes it easy to plug in for the simulator.

Hiranger223

I use one of these dongles and connect with pc to play quad sims all the time. Not understanding why it wont connect with this one.
1588864449632.png

Mark M

@flyboa Thanks for sharing your build process and experiences. I really like your build philosophy.
I have read through this thread and have come to the conclusion that you only rely on the paper covering of the foam board on the upper and lower surface to function as spar caps to stiffen the wing against the bending moment. (Acknowledging your balsa sheeted wing and the tape covered version as exceptions.) The damage evident on your leading edge after the Tx fail also suggests this.
Is that correct, or do you use any other covering material?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Cheers - Mark