Foamboard dlgs

flyboa

Elite member
Popsicle throwing blade epoxied.

AUW 182g. Will maiden when weather clears.

20190221_154804.jpg

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
@flyboa - man, you are a master of the FB DLG! Please post some of of your experiences about the good, the bad, and the ugly! I’m sure my first attempt will be ragged but I’m keen to learn from you!

bracesport

Legendary member
@flyboa - what a great flight! Did you ever hook up flaps?

I live in Wellington NZ and they call it the windy city for good reason! As a 'nube' I am struggling to get the flying time of late so I've been racking up the build hours with no flights to show for it! On the plus side with the next outing, there is lots of stock to dent!

bracesport

Legendary member
@flyboa - could you demystify the wiring circuit for powering the Rx directly with the lipo? I have a nanotech 300mAh 2cell 7.4v.

AD0BFA73-782D-4050-B6E6-E4AC6B753E04.jpeg

Last edited:

flyboa

Elite member
A 2 cell might be too high a voltage. You should use a 1 cell then you can tap into any red(+) and black(-). Even piggy back on a servo channel. You could probably google a schematic for wiring a RX.

bracesport

Legendary member
You can tap into any red(+) and black(-). Even piggyback on a servo channel. You could probably google a schematic for wiring a RX.

So I could use the main battery lead for charging and for connection to the Rx and flag the three wire plug?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
That receiver required 4.0-8.4 volts, so the 2 cell battery is the way to go. A 1 cell battery will let you have receiver brown outs as soon as it drops near 4 volts.

As @flyboa mentions you then just tap into any of the servo channels positive and negative pins to power it up. On the servos and receivers, the positive lead is always in the center - prevents things from getting fried if you plug it in backwards. To make sure you don't reverse the connection, it might be a good idea to make up a connector that has a JST for the main battery lead on one end, and a servo type connection on the other end for the receiver. This way you won't accidentally plug the battery in backwards and let the magic smoke come out of the receiver.

If you have a box of broken RC items hanging around, you can probably scavenge the parts. If not, consider starting that box of parts and hit up eBay for some connector packs :D

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Might consider this though, most servos can’t run on that high of a voltage, if you use a 2s you’re probably going to need a small bec. Just a thought, wouldn’t want you to burn out a servo ;).

bracesport

Legendary member
It’s great to resourceful! I expect you have a few planes in your fleet now! Weathers settling today so I hope to get a few planes in the air tomorrow!