Foamboard dlgs

bracesport

Legendary member
@Mr. Gandalf - I’m sure someone will chime in with some suggestions! The i6 is quite popular. The iA6 Rx that comes with it is quite small already. Why not strip the case and solder to the pins? I have an i6s Rx with the ia6b Rx which is bigger than the iA6, but when the housing is stripped off it is also quite small, with the benefit the pins are horizontal.

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
Ok, I get it. However, I have a very limited hobby budget and this is my only receiver, but when I do get around to building a dlg I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind. Again thank you for the help!(y)

bracesport

Legendary member
Ok, I get it. However, I have a very limited hobby budget and this is my only receiver, but when I do get around to building a dlg I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind. Again thank you for the help!(y)

Keep an eye out on our DLG threads and we will continue to post our how-to's for what we are building and experimenting with!

flyboa

Elite member
@Mr. Gandalf Some also say it would work. You should check your specs.

Turnigy TGY-i6 Transmitter Specs:
Frequency: 2.4ghz ISM Frequency Range
Modulation: GFSK
Spread Spectrum Mode: AFHDS 2A and AFHDS
Band: 142

iweshuff

This is a fascinating thread. I have a question for Mr. flyboa. How much wind can you fly in?
Thanks for teaching so much already.

flyboa

Elite member
@bracesport Started with 195g. Now with a thinner airfoil and less drag I can get a light weight DLG to perform pretty good. Still think the more versatile weight to performance is around 185g.

flyboa

Elite member
New 1.5m DLG AUW 140g. Should be a nice floater.
20190320_223745.jpg

flyboa

Elite member
@bracesport It could probably handle up to 250g. The heaviest DLG I made was 210g and it did get my arm a little sore since I was not used to swinging such a heavy ship. If I was going to make a slope plane it would be built heavy and not need a discus launch. Would not want to over G the wing in strong winds.

bracesport

Legendary member
@flyboa - 👍 nice flying, you really get the most out of a one dollar wing!

I glued my dihedral just now so any time soon I will give the 1.2m DLG a whirl!

It looks like your launch is reasonably gentle? I plan to throw the TT version (1.0m wing) first to see what happens!