Foamboard dlgs

bracesport

Legendary member
@flyboa - I just watched your videos again - just awesome! - I wanted to ask you where you locate your launch peg relative to the wings root chord - for example, in line with the centre, forward of the centre, or aft of the centre (if offset by how much)?

flyboa

Elite member
@bracesport I mount the blade 5 to 10mm behind the CG. My wing tips are small so a little in front of the hinge line works for me. I mount the blade perpendicular with wings level and canted for easier release.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Just Read through this and I have arrow shafts ready for use... have you considered ironing the bevel. That might be my contribution. (I am Vacuum Cleaner adverse.)
I think I will stop at the dollar tree for some Tooth Brush Containers.

FoamyDM

@flyboa, That thermal took you. The lightweight
The FT 5g don't fit in the toothpaste tube, and I'm not sure I like my current alternatives. DTFB pod my be my best fit solution until I find better.

flyboa

Elite member
I have been working on a 2 servo (aileron & elevator) ship lately. Simple to build but lacks some of the mixing you get with a 2 servo flaperon setup. It is pretty much dialed in and just waiting for a good thermal ride.

flyboa

Elite member
AUW 167g.
20190510_095932.jpg

20190510_100146.jpg

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Looks sexy. Nice curves.
So you guys Glue the shafts right in? Is there a good removable FB solution... My makeshift one failed.
my pod was too short to balance it.