Foamboard dlgs

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
This makes me need to get one going... NOW!

ugg it will have to wait. till next week

flyboa

Elite member
Rebuilding a DLG. Added another foam leading edge strip which moved top camber back a little.
20190623_151911.jpg

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
@flyboa - Very simple and very nice - that was a decently lengthy flight - you had a tad of yaw on launch that is not there with your current ships?

flyboa

Elite member
@bracesport This early model had a lot of wing flex and weak servos. Looks like the throwing blade is also missing. I might try to build one like it again with the my current techniques. Should be interesting.

bracesport

Legendary member
I will at least build a fuse next week - the tail is new for me so I need to adapt!

What hinge tape do you use?

bracesport

Legendary member
Recently I used regular packing tape from the wing covering - I taped both sides then slit the join every few centimetres to reduce the hinge force.

flyboa

Elite member
Wing complete. 93g. Heavier than the white uncovered wing (70g). The black paper peels very easy.

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
@flyboa - this looks like no front caps - just laminated and sanded? Ailerons are bottom taped? I use Adams Ready Board - white paper barely holds on!

flyboa

Elite member
@bracesport I did use LE caps and cut back the top covering. Sanded a sharper LE now.

I would not recommend using the black DTFB. Flexes too much and paper does not adhere very well.

Last edited: