Foamboard F-22 EDF

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I started building my second one yesterday. But it was late at night and I guess I was tired because I wasn't paying attention and glued the formers on the wrong side, so the wings were upside-down.:eek:
IMG_20210405_200318.jpg

I made a desperate attempt to fix it
IMG_20210405_200708.jpg
Which actually worked quite well, with two additional popsicle sticks reinforcing the wing.
IMG_20210405_202009.jpg
This version will not be as light as the first, but I still think it will fly well. The build is going a lot faster now that I sort of know what I'm doing.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I started building my second one yesterday. But it was late at night and I guess I was tired because I wasn't paying attention and glued the formers on the wrong side, so the wings were upside-down.:eek:
View attachment 197125
I made a desperate attempt to fix it
View attachment 197126 Which actually worked quite well, with two additional popsicle sticks reinforcing the wing.
View attachment 197127 This version will not be as light as the first, but I still think it will fly well. The build is going a lot faster now that I sort of know what I'm doing.
Hahahahaha that’s quite hilarious, it should still fly great though!!

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I had a great time at the EDF rally, and the design impressed everyone there.(y)
However, when I tossed the plane to launch it, I didn't know that the controls were reversed. It nose dived while everyone was watching:eek:. How embarrassing. Unfortunately, I didn't get that crash on video. I was able to fix the nose with some tape that I had brought (thank goodness) and I was able to have three more flights that day. (Until I totaled it)
I promised pictures, so here you go:
Before
IMG_20210409_145057.jpg

After
IMG_20210410_114917.jpg
IMG_20210410_114922.jpg

The crazy thing is, It still flew! I have it a toss from the crash site because I thought Oh well, I have nothing to lose, and I made it about 50 feet before landing it softly near the runway. @Grifflyer You should make this a resource so I can give it 5 stars!(y)

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I had a great time at the EDF rally, and the design impressed everyone there.(y)
However, when I tossed the plane to launch it, I didn't know that the controls were reversed. It nose dived while everyone was watching:eek:. How embarrassing. Unfortunately, I didn't get that crash on video. I was able to fix the nose with some tape that I had brought (thank goodness) and I was able to have three more flights that day. (Until I totaled it)
I promised pictures, so here you go:
Before
View attachment 197599
After
View attachment 197600 View attachment 197601
The crazy thing is, It still flew! I have it a toss from the crash site because I thought Oh well, I have nothing to lose, and I made it about 50 feet before landing it softly near the runway. @Grifflyer You should make this a resource so I can give it 5 stars!(y)
Wow that is an amazing story!! I’m glad you had good fun at your edf rally!! Yes I think a resource is a great idea! I will definitely be doing that

Intashu

Elite member
Well, weather was nice and I took Starscream out for another flight... Caught wind and couldn't bank out of it in time..

Tradgety struck. Whole front is pretty much damaged to the point of needing replacement.

On the fence about fixing it, I've not had luck with 50mm edf.. And this would make a beautiful 64 or 70mm jet.

Attachments

• 20210417_144352.jpg
    20210417_144352.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Well, weather was nice and I took Starscream out for another flight... Caught wind and couldn't bank out of it in time..

Tradgety struck. Whole front is pretty much damaged to the point of needing replacement.

On the fence about fixing it, I've not had luck with 50mm edf.. And this would make a beautiful 64 or 70mm jet.
But it's the coolest looking plane here.

Roonie

Hello all.

I just made an account to says thankx to Grifflyer for his design and others for their build foto/story on this thread. My son and I both made a blown up version (140%) for the 70mm edf, wel I did most of the building but hè that`s what dads do .....
And I would like to share some pics..... Yesterday we flew our maiden. The CG was good but they were both still level had to trim al the way up.
Maybe a build issue. But just reconnected the servos. The build was a bit complex. Because of the 140% scaling not everything fitted nicely... But I got it done. Again thankx for the design ... and looking forward to a new one...!

20210424_160718.jpg 20210424_160805.jpg 20210424_161006.jpg