Foamboard F-22 EDF

Abdul Bari

Print off the plans at 128% for the correct scale.
Also i m so dumb b/c 50mm edf = 100% scale so this is to anyone else also who is trying different scale of the plans: whatever size edf u have (in millimeters) x 2 = the % you need to print ur plans out as... power of math 😏

2jujube7

Alright, here's the DXFs in case anyone wants them. You still have to figure out how to do the poster board though, I just put it onto a PDF to print separately.

Attachments

• Page1.dxf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Page2.dxf
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Page3.dxf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Page4(Posterboard).pdf
    49.4 KB · Views: 0

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I think it was too late, or I can't follow numbers, or I don't know. I will close this up and see how it goes. When I do it again, I will do the build differently.
IMG_20210220_003730419.jpg IMG_20210220_013536048.jpg

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Hmm that’s really odd, hopefully it should still fly!
Don't worry too much Gryff. I projected this on the wall and traced it. then cut. BTW, the bottom looks perfect.

i started with the posterboard tube. first... not second.... (n)
if you are making one of these, don't do it at that way.

build the wing and core sections. put in the ducts... then layout the skin, top, then lower sections. and glue the down in sequence

Last edited:

AussieBison

Hey Guys, EDF nube here.. Hoping you guys could give me some info on thrust side of EDF world.. how much thrust would be ideal for 500g / 1Kg AUW plane? I understand there may be more parameters than AUW of the plane, but a rough estimate would be helpful. Didn't bother too much about this thrust question for a prop plane as I almost always had equal or more thrust than AUW for prop planes. :)

Looking to start building this with 64mm (with scaling up a bit) if EDF thrust budget allows :D

Pieliker96

Elite member
Hey Guys, EDF nube here.. Hoping you guys could give me some info on thrust side of EDF world.. how much thrust would be ideal for 500g / 1Kg AUW plane? I understand there may be more parameters than AUW of the plane, but a rough estimate would be helpful. Didn't bother too much about this thrust question for a prop plane as I almost always had equal or more thrust than AUW for prop planes. :)

Looking to start building this with 64mm (with scaling up a bit) if EDF thrust budget allows :D

If hand-launching, aim for Thrust = Weight as acceleration to flight speed is key. If you're taking off from a runway, you can get away with pretty much anything as long as the runway is long enough and there's enough thrust to overcome aerodynamic drag and friction from the landing gear - I've flown EDFs with a TWR of around 0.6 off smooth surfaces with no problem, it just requires a pretty long ground roll.

AussieBison

If hand-launching, aim for Thrust = Weight as acceleration to flight speed is key. If you're taking off from a runway, you can get away with pretty much anything as long as the runway is long enough and there's enough thrust to overcome aerodynamic drag and friction from the landing gear - I've flown EDFs with a TWR of around 0.6 off smooth surfaces with no problem, it just requires a pretty long ground roll.
Awesome, Thanks!! Does it strictly have to be 1TWR for hand launch, or could 0.8-0.9 work if thrown hard enough? 😂 only issue with landing gears is I’d be adding extra weight if I did that 😅