• IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1766.JPG
    IMG_1766.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Intashu

Elite member
Well I decided it was do or die time. This bird has been sitting half repaired on my shelf for ages now so I wrapped up the last few bits and took it out to the field... Deciding it will earn its paint back or become salvage for parts on future planes.

And..... It flew perfectly. Learning from past mistakes I made sure to go into turns with some speed or altitude as turning too sharp can lead to a stall.. But otherwise it was fantastic.

Guess that means I'll have to sit down and re-paint the nose of this bird again!

Attachments

• 20220409_134423.jpg
    20220409_134423.jpg
    684.3 KB · Views: 0
Well I decided it was do or die time. This bird has been sitting half repaired on my shelf for ages now so I wrapped up the last few bits and took it out to the field... Deciding it will earn its paint back or become salvage for parts on future planes.

And..... It flew perfectly. Learning from past mistakes I made sure to go into turns with some speed or altitude as turning too sharp can lead to a stall.. But otherwise it was fantastic.

Guess that means I'll have to sit down and re-paint the nose of this bird again!
It's about time! ;)

Silkyslim001

Thank you. I found some pics of the build jn the thread and am getting started

Attachments

• 16602717802864948811245815227503.jpg
    16602717802864948811245815227503.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

menus666

trying to clean the plan in inkscape for my erc timsav needle cutter but I noticed some ghost line anyone have this issue???
I know they have gcode in this tread but the speed is to fast for my machine

luvmy40

Elite member
trying to clean the plan in inkscape for my erc timsav needle cutter but I noticed some ghost line anyone have this issue???
I know they have gcode in this tread but the speed is to fast for my machine
I have better results tracing the plans rather than cleaning up someone's PDF. If you trace and weld or meld your line segments you get a much cleaner cut with far less wasted time raising and lowering the cutter head.

I also like to do three passes. The first at etch depth to apply the special instructions, location marks, and parts designations if needed. I run the etch for every line. The second is the score depth, which is applied to all lines except the etch lines. The third is full cut depth, applied to full cut lines only. The gives me a very clean finish cut. It takes a little longer, but most of the time is hands off.

menus666

I have better results tracing the plans rather than cleaning up someone's PDF. If you trace and weld or meld your line segments you get a much cleaner cut with far less wasted time raising and lowering the cutter head.

I also like to do three passes. The first at etch depth to apply the special instructions, location marks, and parts designations if needed. I run the etch for every line. The second is the score depth, which is applied to all lines except the etch lines. The third is full cut depth, applied to full cut lines only. The gives me a very clean finish cut. It takes a little longer, but most of the time is hands off.
Thank you I will try that

Lester

Thank you!
I will post plans when the plans are done, until then I can't provide any sort of new update every day. I said they'd be done on the weekend and the weekend isn't over. Please have some patience. I haven't gone over my initial due date so please stop asking about the plans when they obviously aren't done. It's not like I'm hiding anything from you :)
How much bigger should the plans be for a 64mm fan. I'm lost.help🤔