Foamboard F6F-Hellcat

Niez13

Elite member
A month passed. Just want come and say hello. How's going? :D
So far so good. The reason why I have not released the plans yet is because I didn't record the pieces I used to make the bottom hatch. I plan on doing a build video and releasing the plans all at once. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing for people because although there is a wait, there will be a build video when its released. I'm sorry for the wait I've just been making a C-47 that can drop paratroopers(There will be plans) that I am going to release any day now, a razorback version of my P-47 and painting the FW190, and painting the Hellcat. I'm not sure if your going to Flitefest but we will have it all there. Here are some photos.
IMG_0157.jpg IMG_0158.jpg IMG_0159.jpg

Niez13

Elite member
Here are the plans for my F6F Hellcat. If you decide to build this Hellcat just know in advance that it is the same build skill level as the master series. If you have any questions about the build I'd be glad to help. I plan on doing a build video for this bird but I have a lot of school coming up so it might not go as planned. Here's a finished photo of the Hellcat.
IMG_0206.JPG

Attachments

• F6F 11x17Print Final.ai
    594.4 KB · Views: 0
  • F6F 11x17PrintFullSize.ai
    581.6 KB · Views: 0

Daniel Liutan

Here are the plans for my F6F Hellcat. If you decide to build this Hellcat just know in advance that it is the same build skill level as the master series. If you have any questions about the build I'd be glad to help. I plan on doing a build video for this bird but I have a lot of school coming up so it might not go as planned. Here's a finished photo of the Hellcat.
View attachment 135780

What a beautiful warbird!!!
Thank you so much.

chris398mx

Master member
View attachment 135780
Man!!! You are a beast. Your designs look killer. Can't wait to build some of these.

Niez13

Elite member
@Niez13 I love your work! It inspired me to start an F4F Wildcat in the master series style. How do you figure out the shape of the skin for your planes? Trial and error irl, then copy it into the plans?
Thanks! I love the wildcat and can’t wait to see it! Yeah that’s basically how I do all my planes. I just take a piece of paper around the former and keep trimming it to size. It takes some time but turns out beautiful in the end. Let me know if you have any more questions!