Foamboard Focke Wulf 190

Niez13

Elite member
Thanks! That would be great. I was just balancing it out around the front spar.
Yeah that's pretty much where the CG for mine is as well. I'd say for the first flight go just ahead of the front spar and all should go well.

Niez, I've been working on your focke wulf, and its going to be amazing, I'm working on 3 other things right now, so slower progress than it hoped, the wife said I gotta finish a mini master series corsair so she can fly the bigger slow one. Anything to get her out flying with me! Lol. she's flown a few planes before and loves the ft spitfire. Anyways, your fw190 will be done as soon as I get a table cleared off to finish it lol.

Niez13

Elite member
How did you draw up the skin on the fuselage? Did you use a certain program?
I actually just take printer paper and just spread it around the fuselage and cut it along the formers. Then I take the same piece of paper, cut it out of foamboard, and see if it fits. It takes a little time but the end result looks amazing.

jack954

I actually just take printer paper and just spread it around the fuselage and cut it along the formers. Then I take the same piece of paper, cut it out of foamboard, and see if it fits. It takes a little time but the end result looks amazing.
Ok that's what I do. I was hoping there might be a quicker way.

jack954

Fixed the linkage. Ready to take on the P-40s IMG_4937.JPG IMG_4935.JPG IMG_4936.JPG

Niez13

Elite member
Niez, I've been working on your focke wulf, and its going to be amazing, I'm working on 3 other things right now, so slower progress than it hoped, the wife said I gotta finish a mini master series corsair so she can fly the bigger slow one. Anything to get her out flying with me! Lol. she's flown a few planes before and loves the ft spitfire. Anyways, your fw190 will be done as soon as I get a table cleared off to finish it lol.
Sounds good! No rush and a mini masters series Corsair sounds pretty cool. I’m working on 3 projects as well :LOL:.

jack954

Wow! That looks awesome! We have do to some formation flying at Flitefest because mine will be painted by then. Maybe we could take down some Flitetest p-47s and p-40s...
Too bad I'm not going that sound like fun!

I maidened it today and it was still pretty tail heavy. After I trimmed it out it flew pretty good with a little down elevator. It feels really floaty. I used a prop adapter that looked a little bent should have swapped it out. I also didn't secure the powerpod well enough so it started hanging out after a while:LOL:. Fortunately I was able to bring it down safely. I think its going to be a good flyer once I get it dialed in.

Niez13

Elite member
Too bad I'm not going that sound like fun!

I maidened it today and it was still pretty tail heavy. After I trimmed it out it flew pretty good with a little down elevator. It feels really floaty. I used a prop adapter that looked a little bent should have swapped it out. I also didn't secure the powerpod well enough so it started hanging out after a while:LOL:. Fortunately I was able to bring it down safely. I think its going to be a good flyer once I get it dialed in.
Hahaha! Yeah that’s basically the same maiden story as mine but the Focke Wulf is actually my heaviest plane. I’m not sure if your up for building my p-47 or hellcat but both of those are half the weight of the Focke Wulf. I just need to release the plans.

jack954

Hahaha! Yeah that’s basically the same maiden story as mine but the Focke Wulf is actually my heaviest plane. I’m not sure if your up for building my p-47 or hellcat but both of those are half the weight of the Focke Wulf. I just need to release the plans.
Ya I am definitely interested in both. They look really good.

jack954

Flew the plane again today. I think the battery slid back last time so I added a BBQ skewer to hold it in place. Also secured the powerpod. The plane just needed a little down trim and it flew great. It flew very well at slow speeds so I was able to do some nice passes. Thanks for the great design!

Niez13

Elite member
Flew the plane again today. I think the battery slid back last time so I added a BBQ skewer to hold it in place. Also secured the powerpod. The plane just needed a little down trim and it flew great. It flew very well at slow speeds so I was able to do some nice passes. Thanks for the great design!
Awesome! Almost done shooting the build video for the P-47.