Foamboard Focke Wulf 190

Niez13

Elite member
Some FW190 flying photos from Flitefest 2019. Also got to do some formation with the giant Ju-88. Just need to get the photos all edited then I'll post some.
_DSC0288NF.jpg _DSC0290NF.jpg _DSC0293NF.jpg _DSC0296NF.jpg _DSC0299NF.jpg _DSC0221.JPG

KBTalon17

RotorBoyFPV
Hey this build is awesome! I now your probably on to different things now but you should think about adjusting these plans to be a Ta 152 H-0! its my favorite plane of all time. for me arguably the best fighter of WWII but no one can make decent looking plans for it:( I have tried to do it myself but I'm not that good.

Attachments

• Artwork-Focke-Wulf-Ta-152H0-blue-print-line-drawing-1.72-scale-01.jpg
    Artwork-Focke-Wulf-Ta-152H0-blue-print-line-drawing-1.72-scale-01.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 0

OliverW

Legendary member
Hey this build is awesome! I now your probably on to different things now but you should think about adjusting these plans to be a Ta 152 H-0! its my favorite plane of all time. for me arguably the best fighter of WWII but no one can make decent looking plans for it:( I have tried to do it myself but I'm not that good.
I agree fully. I haven't found any foam plans for one

Niez13

Elite member
Thanks! You know I have thought about it and I agree it is an awesome plane. I do want to try and modify the plans to make this. I could imagine it just gliding so well with the huge wingspan and going extremely fast when it wants to. I do have a lot of projects I am working on and school is starting up so I'll see what I can do. The problem with designing master series style planes is you have to make a whole other plane to know the shape of the molded pieces. I want to do it I just don't have a laser cutter and that much time. I am not saying I won't do it but I do plan on it at some time. I could maybe modify the plans, send them your way, and have you build it and try molding the molded pieces if that works? I just don't know when that would be.

KBTalon17

RotorBoyFPV
Thanks! You know I have thought about it and I agree it is an awesome plane. I do want to try and modify the plans to make this. I could imagine it just gliding so well with the huge wingspan and going extremely fast when it wants to. I do have a lot of projects I am working on and school is starting up so I'll see what I can do. The problem with designing master series style planes is you have to make a whole other plane to know the shape of the molded pieces. I want to do it I just don't have a laser cutter and that much time. I am not saying I won't do it but I do plan on it at some time. I could maybe modify the plans, send them your way, and have you build it and try molding the molded pieces if that works? I just don't know when that would be.

I totally understand! Don't overwhelm yourself with less important things. I'll keep an eye out for plans if you ever do it!

Niez13

Elite member
Absolutely beautiful FW190 looking forward to a build video and a skin👍
Thanks! Unfortunately there will be no skin because it’s all painted just like @Zephyr1 is saying. I don’t think I’ll be able to get a build video done because I’m working on a bunch of other projects.

whackflyer

Master member
These are the plans so far. I installed the servos right behind the cockpit piece on the box for formers inside the formed pieces. I have been flying the Focke Wulf for a while now and from experience I would recommend making some cooling for the ESC. I am going to try putting a knack-a duct on the formed piece(B). I am just using the new flitetest swappable power pack in the corsair. The CG is about 2 inches from the leading edge. The build should be pretty simple but if you have any questions let me know and I'll try to answer them as soon as possible. I do have to dial up the ailerons because it has a little bit of a slow roll rate but I like it because it flies scale. I might sure if you like flying scale or flying fun so I thought I'd let you know in advance.
@Huascar Candia, the current plans are located at the bottom of the quoted post.

jack954

Is there any chance I could see a picture inside the hatch area to see how you guys cut the box-structure? Thanks
Here is how I did mine:
IMG_7520.jpg
I cut the top skin to make a hatch then a hole in the box for the servo wires.
IMG_7521.jpg
Then i cut a square in the former to fit my 2200 3s.

synjin

Elite member
I'm just finishing up a Storch, and am trying to decide between this and the Hellcat as the next build. Both look like they'd be great fun!

JakeTheSloth

Hi. We spoke lately on IG about designing Bf-110 and Fw's hatch so I thought I share what I've done so far. First of all - I used different material that wasn't easy to work with because it had tendency to crack when forming tight curves. It's all XPS underlay for floor panels, 5mm thick, everything that's outside is covered with transparent packing tape. I'm using polymer glue (something like uhu por) besides hot glue. I moved the servos forward but I don't think it changed much since long 0,8mm wire still weighs something and CG isn't moved too far forward. The AUW so far (without paint) is below 700g with old power pack C motor and 2200mAh (the good 'ol ft spitfire setup). I wasn't sure which fuse panel I should start with - now I know it should be the most rear panel to support stabilitators which would wiggle all the time and eventually break... After putting all panels in place the plane became very rigid. Only problem was the hatch, I tried to recreate what you've done and I think it went out pretty good. I marked the places where it would be and cut it out after glue dried. I don't make planes swappable so I got rid of this "shelf" inside fuse - the battery lays on bottom of the internal fuse. The wing went out very good, better than the fuse heh. Only mistake I noticed was the very front panel (not cowling) was a bit too long - the loop was bigger than front former. I trimmed both sides by 1cm and it sat in its place just good. The next step will be using putty to fill any gaps, sanding and painting. Now I wish I made landing gear on this bird, even though catching it with hand is easy.
In conclusion - very good plans, the idea of internal and external fuse is very clever. I find your plans better thought out than ft master series plans and surely easier to adapt to materials that I've got. I think I'll make your P-47 someday soon when I get silver packing tape, but for now mosquito is on my bucket list.
Back to topic - thanks for sharing these plans guys, I hope you'll get recognized by RC community. You deserve it :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200826_161117156.jpg
    IMG_20200826_161117156.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200831_205246935.jpg
    IMG_20200831_205246935.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200831_205258149.jpg
    IMG_20200831_205258149.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200902_133434981.jpg
    IMG_20200902_133434981.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200904_132243299.jpg
    IMG_20200904_132243299.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200904_160145177.jpg
    IMG_20200904_160145177.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201208_145122304.jpg
    IMG_20201208_145122304.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201210_115324888.jpg
    IMG_20201210_115324888.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201209_152244278.jpg
    IMG_20201209_152244278.jpg
  • IMG_20201210_200707699.jpg
    IMG_20201210_200707699.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201210_231657292.jpg
    IMG_20201210_231657292.jpg
  • IMG_20201210_235912061.jpg
    IMG_20201210_235912061.jpg
  • IMG_20201215_161845539.jpg
    IMG_20201215_161845539.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Niez13

Elite member
Hi. We spoke lately on IG about designing Bf-110 and Fw's hatch so I thought I share what I've done so far. First of all - I used different material that wasn't easy to work with because it had tendency to crack when forming tight curves. It's all XPS underlay for floor panels, 5mm thick, everything that's outside is covered with transparent packing tape. I'm using polymer glue (something like uhu por) besides hot glue. I moved the servos forward but I don't think it changed much since long 0,8mm wire still weighs something and CG isn't moved too far forward. The AUW so far (without paint) is below 700g with old power pack C motor and 2200mAh (the good 'ol ft spitfire setup). I wasn't sure which fuse panel I should start with - now I know it should be the most rear panel to support stabilitators which would wiggle all the time and eventually break... After putting all panels in place the plane became very rigid. Only problem was the hatch, I tried to recreate what you've done and I think it went out pretty good. I marked the places where it would be and cut it out after glue dried. I don't make planes swappable so I got rid of this "shelf" inside fuse - the battery lays on bottom of the internal fuse. The wing went out very good, better than the fuse heh. Only mistake I noticed was the very front panel (not cowling) was a bit too long - the loop was bigger than front former. I trimmed both sides by 1cm and it sat in its place just good. The next step will be using putty to fill any gaps, sanding and painting. Now I wish I made landing gear on this bird, even though catching it with hand is easy.
In conclusion - very good plans, the idea of internal and external fuse is very clever. I find your plans better thought out than ft master series plans and surely easier to adapt to materials that I've got. I think I'll make your P-47 someday soon when I get silver packing tape, but for now mosquito is on my bucket list.
Back to topic - thanks for sharing these plans guys, I hope you'll get recognized by RC community. You deserve it :)
Made my day! Thanks for all the positive feedback, it means a lot! That material looks like it has some interesting properties. Is it lighter with there being no paper on it? It seems lighter being only 700g. The FW190 is the heaviest of all my planes so that will fly on rails and be floaty! The P-47 and Mosquito both fly awesome! There's some good information regarding the mosquito build in the 13th Squadron facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/316590016402149

JakeTheSloth

It probably is lighter. I can't tell because I've never had ft foam in my hands yet, simply too expensive for me to make something that can be destroyed by simple mistake. Weight without battery is exactly 484g, but still - there's no paint yet. Yeah it tracks really good, the roll is a bit slow though. I had some problems with elevator (I don't know if it's correctly angled with fuse or maybe wing is angled because I had to trim a lot) and having correct CG, it's slightly tail heavy but tracks as if it wasn't. Don't know what's the case about it but other than that it flies just fine :) loops are tight, I can do aerobatics with it, glides really well and slow enough that I can catch it.
As for the jug and mosquito - I plan on using 3mm XPS for future models because it molds way easier. I made A6M of your design with it and I'm happy with effects. I still plan on making internal structure, wings and stabilitators with 5mm foam, just the molded fuse panels will consist of 3mm foam covered with packing tape. I recently modified cardboard Bf-109 to RC plans version and I'm building it right now. If you want to add another plane to your squadron you can PM me, it still needs a bit work - I'm not sure how to modify original formers and some panels are too long or too short, I think you could manage to polish it. Here's the result so far. I plan on using 3x 9g servo, cheap 2204 motor, 12A ESC and crappy 3s 1100mAh battery, which tells me I need a source for decent battery for mighty mini's ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20210111_024215204.jpg
    IMG_20210111_024215204.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Niez13

Elite member
It probably is lighter. I can't tell because I've never had ft foam in my hands yet, simply too expensive for me to make something that can be destroyed by simple mistake. Weight without battery is exactly 484g, but still - there's no paint yet. Yeah it tracks really good, the roll is a bit slow though. I had some problems with elevator (I don't know if it's correctly angled with fuse or maybe wing is angled because I had to trim a lot) and having correct CG, it's slightly tail heavy but tracks as if it wasn't. Don't know what's the case about it but other than that it flies just fine :) loops are tight, I can do aerobatics with it, glides really well and slow enough that I can catch it.
As for the jug and mosquito - I plan on using 3mm XPS for future models because it molds way easier. I made A6M of your design with it and I'm happy with effects. I still plan on making internal structure, wings and stabilitators with 5mm foam, just the molded fuse panels will consist of 3mm foam covered with packing tape. I recently modified cardboard Bf-109 to RC plans version and I'm building it right now. If you want to add another plane to your squadron you can PM me, it still needs a bit work - I'm not sure how to modify original formers and some panels are too long or too short, I think you could manage to polish it. Here's the result so far. I plan on using 3x 9g servo, cheap 2204 motor, 12A ESC and crappy 3s 1100mAh battery, which tells me I need a source for decent battery for mighty mini's ;)
That foam is definitely lighter then. My FW190 weighs around 7 or 8 pounds. Might have to try using that foam for cockpit interiors to save weight:). It sounds like your FW190 has the exact same flying style as mine, but lighter and more forgiving. The 3mm XPS should be good on the mosquito for sure!(and the P-47 too lol) The mosquito isn't a hard build but the tail section requires minimal molding. Also that BF-109 is awesome! Those paper models basically give you all the molded pieces as you can tell:LOL:. The only problem I would have with adding your BF-109 to 13th Squadron is I want to keep it as a platform that colleges can see what I did. I would hate to take credit or make it look like its mine. Now maybe a community page, haven't thought about that yet so we'll have to see. Powerplant looks good but what's the wingspan again?