Foamboard P-47 Thunderbolt

Focstro

I thought I'd try some of John Overstreet's techniques and make this P-47. I tried to make this P-47 where if you can build the FT Corsair, you can build this. I used different techniques for putting formers on by using a Flite test style box to hold the formers. I found this to be much easier when building it. I still need to do some final touches on perfecting the center of gravity. It has a 42 inch wingspan and is swappable. I flew it on a 9 inch propeller, however I would recommend using the Flite Test Radials and a 10 inch propeller. The plans are complete but not finalized. I will finalize them before I put them out the the community.
View attachment 127748 View attachment 127749 View attachment 127751 View attachment 127752 View attachment 127753 View attachment 127754 View attachment 127755 View attachment 127756 View attachment 127757 View attachment 127758 View attachment 127759 View attachment 127760 View attachment 127761 View attachment 127762 View attachment 127763
wooooowww :love::love:

I have been wanting to see something like this done for so long. If you have any plans of be happy to do a beta build for ya! I love the challenge and am pretty good at problem solving.

Niez13

Elite member
I have been wanting to see something like this done for so long. If you have any plans of be happy to do a beta build for ya! I love the challenge and am pretty good at problem solving.
I am currently working on a razorback version so once I'm done, I'll release them and send them your way.

Niez13

Elite member
Currently editing a build video for my P-47 Bubbletop/Razorback. Sorry for the wait, I've just been working on stuff for Flitefest like a C-47 that can drop paratroopers and painting the FW190 and Hellcat. Here are some photos of both the C-47 and Razorback.
IMG_0157.jpg IMG_0158.jpg

Last edited:

Niez13

Elite member
Any flight characteristic changes between the razorback and the bubble top or purely cosmetic?
Well I don't really know yet because I have not done the maiden yet. I could see it tracking even better than it already does because of the razorback but I will find out at the maiden!