Foamboard SAAB JAS-39 Gripen EDF (images, plans, build)

blitzr3n3l

Alright guys thrust to weight is excellent almost done with the build

Attachments

• 2019-05-18 02.11.37 1.jpg
    2019-05-18 02.11.37 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Widkin

Update almost finish and waiting for battery charger
Hi, since you are waiting for a battery charger, I just want to ask: Is this your first plane?

En EDF is not a good first plane, and especially not this one, you need a bit of flying experience under the belt. Just want to say that, I don't want you to crash and undo all of that great build work.

Peeradol

Hi, since you are waiting for a battery charger, I just want to ask: Is this your first plane?

En EDF is not a good first plane, and especially not this one, you need a bit of flying experience under the belt. Just want to say that, I don't want you to crash and undo all of that great build work.
It's not my first plane. but it is my first edf plane.
1558700093046.jpg

This is what i fly before with futaba t6j radio control and another plane p47 my first plane.

Bayboos

My Gripen flew again today. No photos or video this time, but believe me: it was a blast! I added additional carbon spar parallel to the leading edge, approx. 1 inch away from it. That was enough to completely get rid of the "suicidal dive" tendency. Now the plane flies straight(ish) and true(ish, as far as the plane after three serious crashes can) at any speed, including full throttle dives on 4s. One downside is that the ESC becomes really hot after such flight and I need to wait at least 20 minutes before the next one... But it's nice to finally have just this kind of problems :)

Now I need to finish up the airframe and find some reliable camera operator...

Peeradol

My Gripen flew again today. No photos or video this time, but believe me: it was a blast! I added additional carbon spar parallel to the leading edge, approx. 1 inch away from it. That was enough to completely get rid of the "suicidal dive" tendency. Now the plane flies straight(ish) and true(ish, as far as the plane after three serious crashes can) at any speed, including full throttle dives on 4s. One downside is that the ESC becomes really hot after such flight and I need to wait at least 20 minutes before the next one... But it's nice to finally have just this kind of problems :)

Now I need to finish up the airframe and find some reliable camera operator...
Im gonna fly it today too haha