FoamCub Swappable

FKreider

Here's the whole half built family:
IBWP4Pw.jpg

Say, when is somebody going to build a 1:4 Scale FoamCub? 191% ;)

I'm just about done with the regular size FoamCub, I was finishing up the wings last night and thinking about how bad I want a 1:4 scale cub. I don't have the ability to scale the plans but if you send me them I will build it!

Shoshinru

plans

Great looking Cub Shaun!!! I have decided to build one. I am a long time nitro guy and this will be my first foam electric. I don't have a printer and my PC skills are minimal. I downloaded the drawings to a flash drive and will take it to Staples for printing. Can I just have them print the drawings out at 100%? If so do I need to give them any special instructions? Also how well would this design and building technic work on a bigger Cub, say 80" ? Thanks. Look forward to my build.

Shoshinru

MY Cub Build

Citabria 1.JPG Citabria 2.JPG Citabria 3.JPG

This is my second Cub. I thought I would detail this one a bit. The scallops are red Monokote as is the black trim. The Fuselage is painted with Maroon Krylon. Hope this one flies as well as my first!!

jack10525

Hey guys I was not able to print out the original plans to scale. Each individual pdf comes out shrunk to fit on one page which would make a tiny model. Can someone point out how to make the plans print in full size? Or does anyone have the plans tiled?

firefox

Hey guys I was not able to print out the original plans to scale. Each individual pdf comes out shrunk to fit on one page which would make a tiny model. Can someone point out how to make the plans print in full size? Or does anyone have the plans tiled?

when you get to the print page select poster see pic
1.png

and you should have the print out image like this see pic 2
2.png

Now have fun sticking it all together

Dave

jack10525

Thanks Firefox. My printer does not have those settings/options. I'll probably just take the plans to a office max.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Jack,

Save the .pdf file, close Firefox and reopen the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Those options will be available in Acrobat. If you don't have it, Acrobat Reader is a free download.

Jimmyp

I just finished off my build. I did everything thing as per the plans and it turned out great. Only difference was I didn't have any poster paper so I used foam board with paper off inside and curved it. I like the power system on my Tundra so I purchased the same motor and ESC with the carbon 12x6 prop. I even got a spare landing gear for the tundra and used it on this build with a hand made tail wheel pivot. i need a bit of tail weight to balance it out so I mounted my run am back there and it is right on. Maiden tomorrow and if I don't crash it it will get a paint job.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Jimmyp

Maiden Flight

I just finished off my build. I did everything thing as per the plans and it turned out great. Only difference was I didn't have any poster paper so I used foam board with paper off inside and curved it. I like the power system on my Tundra so I purchased the same motor and ESC with the carbon 12x6 prop. I even got a spare landing gear for the tundra and used it on this build with a hand made tail wheel pivot. i need a bit of tail weight to balance it out so I mounted my run am back there and it is right on. Maiden tomorrow and if I don't crash it it will get a paint job.
View attachment 75273
View attachment 75274

I got the maiden flight in this morning. I am really impressed with this design. Well done Shaun. I ran one battery through it and made a few adjustments. A bit of down aileron mix with the flaps. 10% mix at half flaps and 20% at full flaps. First flight was with the Runcam on the back which brought the CG right on the plans location and the second without the cam on board which moved the CG about 3/4" forward. Still flew great so the CG is very forgiving.
Here is the flight from the ground. Some older gentlemen saw me flying and came over to watch. I asked him to hold the camera for me.
https://youtu.be/tyXqWJS-fhE

corytee

FoamBoard Fragment Distro
ShaunMartin,
This airplane is an excellent design. I just finished mine last week and maidened it this morning. Great job man. I added some wing struts for aesthetics, and I'll probably give it a grasshopper paint scheme. 20161110_212357.jpg

Jimmyp

I finally got around to painting the foam cub. I copied the pattern from Brendan O'Brien's plane. He flies like a mad man. See his video below.

IMG_0657.JPG IMG_0653.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

Gazoo

Looks good. Love the paint.

I'm done with the fuselage and wing. So far I really like the plans. I am building with Ross board. It looks pretty stout. Pics to follow.

Thanks for the excellent plans and build article. Your effort is appreciated.

RCman50

family, faith, foam, fun!
All the paint jobs on these foam cubs are off the chain! They seem to fly really well too!