FoamyDM's Mighty Mini Explorer

FoamyDM's Mighty Mini Explorer 1.0

Please log in to download

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Is the bevel on the bottom trailing edge of the sport wing supposed to be a cavity and c fold?
@Battery800 - The trailing edge of the sport wing is supposed to be a cavity I believe, to accomodate a C-fold. so 2 thicknesses of Foam board wide. TBH - I never built the Sport wing.

Battery800

Elite member
And if the sport wing is supposed to have flaps, the trailing edge is too short, as there is only about it 1/3 of an inch of space

Battery800

Elite member
Done(ish)!

Attachments

• 757C7E7F-3B46-4C32-8CEE-709F23F19341.jpeg
    757C7E7F-3B46-4C32-8CEE-709F23F19341.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1

Battery800

Elite member
So I was putting everything together today, and it is too tail heavy, like almost an inch back from the cg spot. I think it’s because of all the reinforcement I added to the tail because I crumpled it up when I was putting it in, and it weighs over 400g without any extra balancing weights

FoamyDM

Sounds like i will need to pull it out tomorrow, and see what I've got over here. @Battery800 what battery and motor are you using?

Battery800

Elite member
Well I switched the stock nose for a nose like thedifferentdesigner’s super explorer so I can move the battery forward and stuffed another one in there and it balances almost at the cg mark now

Attachments

• A1A9A866-6373-4D9B-85DC-69909875AC6B.jpeg
    A1A9A866-6373-4D9B-85DC-69909875AC6B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Well I switched the stock nose for a nose like thedifferentdesigner’s super explorer so I can move the battery forward and stuffed another one in there and it balances almost at the cg mark now
You could lengthen the nose to use weighted leverage to help with getting the CG forward. That way you save the extra battery weight

FoamyDM

That looks great! I can't wait to see it in the air.