Fokker DR1 Scratch Build

con244

Looks good! I like your paint scheme. I still haven't maiden-ed mine yet but I hope to soon.
The paint scheme was an accident. I started off wanting a yellow plane but tried spray painting the bottom matt black when it was a bit windy and got a lot overspray on the yellow parts. So it was either empty a couple more tins of yellow on it trying to cover the black bits or give it a "used" look with dust coats of black. I am trying to source some maltese crosses for the wings and rudder but they are hard to find here is Adelaide.
Good luck with your maiden
Con

chops1sc

I just used the ones that are in the plans. I cut them out and placed them using white glue and they are sticking great.

con244

I just used the ones that are in the plans. I cut them out and placed them using white glue and they are sticking great.
Hmm might give that a try. We are coming into winter here in Australia and there is more moisture in the air so I was a little concerned that they would get damp and peel of. Then again the entire plane is covered with glued on paper so that'll be the least of my problems :eek:
Con

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
I Got the plans all printed out, all my parts are supposedly on the way to my front door. Now, all I need to do is pick up the foam. What did you guys use for control rods and slave rods?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I Got the plans all printed out, all my parts are supposedly on the way to my front door. Now, all I need to do is pick up the foam. What did you guys use for control rods and slave rods?

Piano wire/music wire I guess.

con244

Well went out to maiden the Fokker last weekend. Perfect day, only a light wind across the park. Set the plane on the ground and gave it full throttle. She rose well and then went into a barrel roll type of manoeuvre and then sort of flew upside down a bit as I tried to correct the orientation. Resulted in a rather hard landing on the landing gear. The two vertical struts broke and the rest just kind of scattered around. No other damage. I think my use of a stick motor mount was not the best choice so will be modifying that at the same time I will repair the LG. I discovered that one of my aileron linkages which consist of CF tube with z bent wire inserted at each end with glue to hold all in place had either worked its way loose or just never been properly glued. That was probably the cause of my unplanned aerobatics. You live you learn.:p

kenzietech

I hate making my first post a request post. Sorry!

But does anybody have a copy of these plans saved? The link appears to no longer be functioning, as the user's account has been suspended from iPrimus :(

Thanks!

con244

Hi I do have a copy I can send you but not on this machine. I will do so in the next day or so
Con