Fokker DR1

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

In this episode of Flite Test Josh and Josh review the Fokker DR1 Scratch Build! This planes is cheap to build, easy to fly and is also great for combat with friends. Watch this episode to see more!

Designed by "pmjass" from rcgoups.com

Thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305596

FREE Plans: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652858

What we used:

Built with either dollar store foam board, 6mm depron, or foam trifold display board
Motor: Hextronic dt-750
Esc: Turnigy Plush 25 amp ESC
Servos: HXT 9 gram servos (3)
Prop: 11 X 4.7 SF
Battery: Turnigy 1300 mAh 3s
We simplified construction to make this build simple and with as few materials as possible.
Intermediate skill level

Last edited by a moderator:

Airwolf

I'm going to build it for sure. I'm not going to use propsaver on DT750 with such a big props though (I've learned the lesson when I've tried it on my tricopter - way too much torque, it simply asks for a failure).

Klonas

Does this count as season 3 beginning (new opening) :D
Cool episode guys. The plane looks great, oh and finnaly not red :D
LOLed at the kungfu scene.
You guys ROCK

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Where is the union man?
You should really show how to cut the dangerous prop axle or fit a rubber spinner.
A sharp thing like that in the face or eye .......................

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Nice episode! Awesome intro, awesome combat, awesome plane!

I assume as well that this is the intro for the new season!

rickthebrewer

WTFok??!! This plane looks awesome. I'm definitely going to put one of these together, so please bring on the build video. What's the AUW, because it seems pretty high powered and I'm thinking of dialing back a bit on the motor and prop as I don't really need a 2:1 thrust ratio ;)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
WTFok??!! This plane looks awesome. I'm definitely going to put one of these together, so please bring on the build video. What's the AUW, because it seems pretty high powered and I'm thinking of dialing back a bit on the motor and prop as I don't really need a 2:1 thrust ratio ;)

I suppose it's coming next Monday.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
The RC Groups thread link and parts have been updated on the original post.

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Here is a pic of the one Josh made mention of, I built this about 5 years ago and he and I used to streamer combat like crazy with them.....def one of the most fun times I have had in my flying career was doing streamer combat with these planes, they really fly great!

55723_1557530815358_1147865357_31253325_4913541_o.jpg

Cheers!

Eric

(even had Woodstock piloting for me way back then) LOL

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Same plane... Didn't even think of that pic!

Yea, same model......Josh B and I a few years ago used to dogfight these with streamers. This is the plane Josh B. mentions in the episode. He said "the camera B guy" used to fly these with me and do streamer combat. This one is built off of the same plans (by PJAS (sp) from RCGroups) that they used to make the ones from the episode, I just made mine 5 years ago. (I dont have it anymore, the wings got warped when I had it in my truck on a hot day. I have another one cut out and ready to assemble from 5 years ago, I have just never taken the time to put it together....someday)

Eric