For the "experienced forum user". How to use this section.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
For you, that would be just about right . . .

Next time you'll have to be more careful crushing the hopes of an avian simean's crypto-biological beliefs about large forested bipedal simeans -- after that you should expect them to fling poo.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
My avatar doesn't like dragons... so I guess it's just as well none appeared!! Now, I didn't see any winged monkeys either, but a yellow brick road did begin to appear before me...

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Just remember . . . if you see a Flying Monkey, the answer is "why yes, I do believe in Sasquach/bigfoot/yetti/abominable snowman".

Just humor him ;)

(FYI, The forum's "Self Apointed Benevolant Dictator For Life" is Flying Monkey -- Nice guy, but not lacking in personality ;) )

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The flinging poo thing reminded me of a contest we were having years ago on Wattflyer and flying monkey. I don't think I even entered this one since it never flew due to weather and work taking me away from it before I was done. It lay abandoned for a few years before I finally called it quits on it and harvested the carbon fiber spars for another project. I might have to revisit this one someday...
It was a bank and yank elevon bird but should have been a real floater with all that wing area!

EDIT… This post has been hijacked. The all powerful Monkey has viewed this, and he is not amused. I think I shall make some interesting changes to your profile. :D Fred

earthsciteach

The flinging poo thing reminded me of a contest we were having years ago on Wattflyer and flying monkey. I don't think I even entered this one since it never flew due to weather and work taking me away from it before I was done. It lay abandoned for a few years before I finally called it quits on it and harvested the carbon fiber spars for another project. I might have to revisit this one someday...
It was a bank and yank elevon bird but should have been a real floater with all that wing area!

Flying Monkey was banned from Wattflyer, along with any mention of the word, "monkey" in any way shape or form. That's one of the reasons I like him so much.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Someone has pulled the wrong tail… You have been warned. ;)

images-3.jpeg

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'm on your side, Monkey! It was supposed to be a tribute!

You're not buying any of this, are you...?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Flying Monkey was banned from Wattflyer, along with any mention of the word, "monkey" in any way shape or form. That's one of the reasons I like him so much.
I didn't know he got banned from there. Yes, I do remember vaguely some of the antics we pulled over there. Nothing specific but a lot of Monkey vs. Penguin battles...

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I didn't know he got banned from there. Yes, I do remember vaguely some of the antics we pulled over there. Nothing specific but a lot of Monkey vs. Penguin battles...

Ah yeah, the good old days.

I wasn't actually banned. I was certainly muzzled though.

We used to have a lot of fun, but someone decided that's not what the forum was all about.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor

We used to have a lot of fun, but someone decided that's not what the forum was all about.
It's better here anyway! :D
Glad you found a good home to go to. I know I am glad I found FT! Constantly amazed at the differences in overall attitudes here. I think a lot of the other forums could take a lesson in how it should be.

I do wish we could lure Chellie over this way. Her foam builds and power system knowledge would be a nice add...

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
She does get the most bang for her buck viewer wise over there. We haven't quite grown that large of an audience yet.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Very true Xuzme, here on the forum in the little time I've been here I've seen the same general philosophy as in the shows and what FT stands for: hobbies are for fun and to enjoy having a laugh with other people. Many forums are so serious they take the fun out of the hobby, turning it almost into a chore!

I'm glad to see that the true spirit of it all is not only maintained here, but is in fact a key element!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
One of the main differences we hold on to here is the camaraderie and easy-going attitudes...
I've left many forums for lack of that with most members. You will always find friendly people but here, there is a much larger number of helpful, funny, friendly folks, who truly want to help pass on the gift of R/C flight to any who care to give it a try. Makes all the difference in the world and is something a lot of clubs could stand to learn as well as most of the forums on the interwebs!

Murocflyer

I was wondering about that. I saw you here and recognized your name from my WF days. I also recognized xuzme's username from WF. I always thought WF was a pretty easy going forum although a couple mods seemed to be pretty heavy handed toward me, but I always tried to be as polite as possible.

After that, I don't do much posting there anymore. I mostly just post to help folks out when they have questions and it seems like there are not too many people needing help there anymore. They are just there to chit chat and that's not my goal in forum usage.

Frank