Forest service ban?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Like I said before when that whole registration thing came and they snagged about half a million in free money that they needed to use that to dedicate some space for the people they have taxed. Now that is no longer in effect but that money is still in the system unaccounted for.

Dedicate 5 acres here and there and make community supported flying fields. There are enough of us normal people now to maintain and police them from the idiots and to pass on our knowledge to make safe flying at these places a reality.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Like I said before when that whole registration thing came and they snagged about half a million in free money that they needed to use that to dedicate some space for the people they have taxed. Now that is no longer in effect but that money is still in the system unaccounted for.

Dedicate 5 acres here and there and make community supported flying fields. There are enough of us normal people now to maintain and police them from the idiots and to pass on our knowledge to make safe flying at these places a reality.

We just lost a park flying field near SeaTac airport...they shut us down, plowed everything up and are building low income housing. Another park space bites the dust for greedy land developers.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
We just lost a park flying field near SeaTac airport...they shut us down, plowed everything up and are building low income housing. Another park space bites the dust for greedy land developers.

I suspect that if low income housing is being built, the greedy ones aren't private citizens but govt employees. Just a guess but I doubt there is a ton of profit to support greed in low income housing.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I suspect that if low income housing is being built, the greedy ones aren't private citizens but govt employees. Just a guess but I doubt there is a ton of profit to support greed in low income housing.

govt employees don't get any change in pay and they are prevented from having any financial interest in the contracts/vendors involved (and can go to jail if they do). the developers on the other hand tend to make a very tidy sum from all parties involved and lobby/schmooz everyone involved to a disgusting degree to make deals happen. we finally got a mayor out of office for enabling crap like this a couple years back, and wouldn't you know he shows up on the developers payroll a couple months later?

Last edited:

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
It's always a shame to lose any park space for any reason, too much pavement as it is these days...