Formal Intro...

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
I have been hanging out and posting for a bit but never formally intro'ed myself.

Hi, i'm Jason and i have an airplane problem... :rolleyes:

20170805_182322.jpg

0f the 17 planes in that pic, 4 were store bought, 7 are FT speed builds, 1 FT scratch, 1 - Forum members, and 4 of my own design. 2 wings, and 1 DLG. this does not count the ones i have @ work that are crashed/in repair, or just waiting to build, or the 2 hiding behind the door you cant see in a box.

i am a teacher by trade and a motorcycle racer by heart. i was suckered into a trap out in the dez a few years ago and really messed up my neck. since then i have been itching for something new that combines my need to go fast as well as my desire to build, maintain, and design. for me, the building is as therapeutic as the flying. could not do one without the other.

last year i took flite as my challenge for my students and each one was able to build, then fly their own mini-scout. i have to admit the most stressful day of my life was the day we maidened all 3. i had built a scratch to test and prepare myself, but it had failed each and every time i tried to fly it. thankfully all 3 flew perfectly and 3 new pilots were born and a new passion was born.

A's Plane.jpg

K's Plane.jpg

Z''s Plane.jpg

me launch.jpg

thanks for this wonderful place. it really has been a life changer.

laters,

jason ;)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hi Jason!

I don't think you have an airplane problem at all. There is still plenty of usable wall space, and I'm assuming ceiling space to hang additional airplanes in that room. :p

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Hello Jason, I agree with Rockyboy, no problem there! One vertical PVC rack and you could fit them all in one corner. Then you have the rest of the room for more planes ;). Awesome that you have been teaching the hobby to students as well! Glad that all three maidens were successful!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Wheres the problem? they all look to be in one piece and flyable.. and I agree there is plenty o space on the walls and ceilings yet before its confirmed an issue may be there.

Oh and by the way.. if you are a speed freak like me and love racing... yer in the WRONG side of the hobby mate. Build a quad and go FPV. you think you were back on the track.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
ya, i have been thinking about a PVC rack of some sort. and yes, all of them can almost fly. all the crashed ones are at the boneyard @ work as models and examples of builds. prob another 15 at least...

been looking @ fpv but just really have not liked flying drones. would love to get a set up for some of my planes though...

started working on a twin twirler today and think this is gonna be cool.

laters,

jason ;)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Have you looked into FPV Wing Racing yet as a way to feed the speed addiction? I've build two but haven't actually flown them FPV yet... it looks like it's going to be a heck of a lot of fun though :)

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
some of my builds so far...

my latest custom design...

20170820_151408.jpg

the first airplane i built...

20170326_115735.jpg

my first wing...

wing launch.jpg

my first FT scratch built ever. looked good, never flew. crashed horribly 8 times before i hung it on a wall...

20170428_210125.jpg

and maybe my best flyer in the hanger. after crashing the black wing i built this big one. dual rudder, 3 airfoils, flies like a dream. don't mind the little pink thing, it's a little crazy...

20170711_165419.jpg

my DR1...

20170626_095226.jpg

and that is just the beginning....

laters,

jason ;)

slipshift

mrjdstewart, you don't have a problem...yet. When your bathroom gets so full of planes that you can't get to the toilet, then you have a problem.

Jim

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
What a great looking bunch of planes you got there!! ;) Welcome Jason and so glad to have you a part of the FT FORUM FAMILY! Keep on posting and helping... I love how this community is ALWAYS willing to lend a hand, an ear... or even a LIPO! ;) Keep up the great work!

Blessings,
Stefan

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
and the hits just keep on coming.... :cool:

built for a donor's child that made all this flite stuff possible..

20170524_081812.jpg

my personal version of the scout...

20170605_195047.jpg

my FT speedster...

20170619_175911.jpg

my Phun jet...

20170628_181606.jpg

and my own, self designed mini-stealth fighter...

20170526_192738.jpg

and my latest attempt...

20170824_163637 (1).jpg

keep building!

laters,

jason ;)

Last edited:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
so, i really may need to seek some help...

50+ and that doesn't count the kits i still have in the wings. as soon as i get my hands on my Founder's plane it's going to become a 4 motor, 4 blade, 2 counter, 2 contra rotating props monster. :devilish:

hard to believe it's been just about 1.5 years since i started in this hobby but also hard to remember life without.

thanks for all the help and inspiration!

laters,

me :cool:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
and sorry...

Ben, i hope by this point you have unveiled your new F-16 at FF. please don't get mad at me if you haven"t. :eek:

i was hoping to put some new, aggressor skins on it, but i think Rastrize has enough to do with his new house. so instead of new skins, i think we will just shoot it white and do a hack of your Thunderbird skins he made. either way, i can't wait to fly it!

laters,

me :cool:

Namactual

Elite member
I am pretty sure the people at FF know about it by now, but us poor folks not lucky enough to be there did not know. I didn't, until now anyway.:p

That is cool! (y) Although I might have to rethink my Veterans Airshow entry for the Air Force. It sucks too, because I got quite a bit of the design work done.:cautious:

I don't know, we will see how it shakes out. His looks quite a bit different than mine from what I can see. Maybe I will finish it anyway. :unsure: