Fort Warden State Park in Washington State

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Got a chance for a quick flight between storms. It was very windy though and I only got up for 5 minutes then decided to land as the wind was blowing around 20mph and gusting. Used my Trainstar Exchange 4.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Cool footage mate. Hit the magic hour with that sun too.

I thought state parks was off limits to RC flights though? Or is that National parks and state parks have their own rules? I got chased out of one here by a sheriff back around 1998 when I was flying a nitro heli wayyy in the back of the park in a bowl type area at least a full mile away from any thing walking on two legs. I was just doing hover practice as I was learning how to fly a CP heli. The guy was a huge jerk about it too.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Cool footage mate. Hit the magic hour with that sun too.

I thought state parks was off limits to RC flights though? Or is that National parks and state parks have their own rules? I got chased out of one here by a sheriff back around 1998 when I was flying a nitro heli wayyy in the back of the park in a bowl type area at least a full mile away from any thing walking on two legs. I was just doing hover practice as I was learning how to fly a CP heli. The guy was a huge jerk about it too.

I scoured the rules and couldn't find any no fly stuff and they actually have an approved flying area there. I was however in a closed parking area, so I think it was ok for a quick flight per AMA and FAA rules and regs. I figure if it is that hard to find any rules about no fly, then it's probably ok as long as you follow all the other rules.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Park rules usually only mention pricing, pets, and litter. Maybe camping or hunting if that is allowed. I have yet to see anything regarding RC flight but have seen "No motorized vehicles" in some places which I assume meant dirt bikes and atv's and such but I suppose that could cover RC stuff as well depending on who interprates it.