Forum Housekeeping

johnmw

propulsion impromptu
The forum is kind of messy,

Although you could find what you're looking for, where it supposed to be, most of the time;
many threads are posted otherwise.
For example Toolbox, you'd expect to find tools and what not, but instead there are threads about plane setting and accessories.

As one of the benefit of a forum is having an organized discussion,
it would be great if threads are moved to the relevant Sections/Topics.

Thanks.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The forum is kind of messy,

Although you could find what you're looking for, where it supposed to be, most of the time;
many threads are posted otherwise.
For example Toolbox, you'd expect to find tools and what not, but instead there are threads about plane setting and accessories.

As one of the benefit of a forum is having an organized discussion,
it would be great if threads are moved to the relevant Sections/Topics.

Thanks.

Please feel free to either PM the author, or one of the moderators when you find a thread that doesn't seem to be in the correct section.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
The reason there are settings in the tool box is because some aircraft use computers to program the settings. Accessories and what not could easily found in a "tool box". One thing you will learn about the forums is that unless it really out of place it will stay. The thing about our hobby imo is that topics can have multiple places to be reviewed. Tools don't always belong in the tools box but can be in one of the building sections. Just like the first flitefest everything we do with flite test is a little clunky. You'll get used to it....... And welcome to the gang

adamd

skunkworx hobbies
I didn't even know there were sections! I have just been hitting that new post button! :p

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I didn't even know there were sections! I have just been hitting that new post button! :p

I do the same, too. But lately I've been paying attention to the section (far right column) so I have a better understanding of what the thread is before I decide if I want to read it or not. It seems a lot of people won't say it's a Show Suggestion in the title. Which is understandable because it's in the correct location, but still makes the thread misleading. Also it's not always apparent it's a multirotor thread until you see the section it's in. I know very little about multirotors and I've never flown one.

johnmw

propulsion impromptu
Just a suggestion, not complaining or anything.
Because as a newcomer to the forum, one may find it confusing.
It's not annoying or anything of sort, but it could be better organized.

Also on that note, there's this Flite Test Articles/All Articles and then there's The Flite Deck/The Articles Section

both addressing different issue, surely for different purpose; however it's not placed under the same Section albeit sharing common 'Article' stuff. Would it be better if...

e.g.
Flite Test Articles
- Official Articles
- Member's Articles
....or something

The Forum contents and traffic are great, it would be a downer imho if the information is not well structured/placed.
It would be so much pleasant to find the tools you needed, where you left it, when you needed.
Again, just a suggestion, thanks. :)

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
One is for the flite test articles they put out and the other is for the community articles. Only flite test and moderators can start a thread in the FT section

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Wait? I can start a thread in the FT section? *muhahahaa* ... Nevermind.

The only real chaotic section of this forum is the "Forums 101" which a lot of people use to post all kinds of "newbie" questions, instead of question regarding forums use.

But as CrashRecovery said, posts often have multiple sections they fit in. If I am looking for a bigger battery for my multirotor I could ask in multirotors or the battery section for example.

As a mod I try to move articles I find that don't fit at all in a section, but deciding that is sometimes difficult.

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Another way to quickly find specific information is to type in the search box over to the top right, that is how I almost always find something if I need it.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
What happened to the "community articles" section? It seems to have disappeared completely along with all the posts that were in it :(

kwak

A whole group ("section") containing several subgroups is now gone. I cannot find an explanation why.

kwak

Hey, "The Flite Deck" came back! So did my posts in there. That whole section was gone yesterday.