Found a new simulator

MountianFlyingWV

User of Gorilla Glue
I found this simulator that i thought was only for android phones ,BUT NO!
Its for the PC to ,and it works with any controller you throw at it.

The sim isn't as clean cut as Phoenix or RealFlight and it isn't as realistic as those to ,but the wind characteristics in this game is spot on.

Anyways the simulator is called Picasim. It is mostly a glider simulator but there are a few normal planes, and you can add your own models to the game.

http://www.rowlhouse.co.uk/PicaSim/download.html

Last edited:

schardti

I tried Picasim on my Android and I was a bit disappointed...so I take a try with the version for Windows. Thanks!

Royall

I've never done anything with a sim before. Is there a way of getting this to work with my turnigy 9x?

Royall

I have it. I'm waiting on Phoenix 4.0 to get here and came across this sim and thought I'd give it a try. No setting on the little red box appear to work with this sim. I'm using a lap to without a joy stick. Have to use click the keep board and not getting very far, very fast! LOL

Thanks for the quick reply though RC!!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I have it. I'm waiting on Phoenix 4.0 to get here and came across this sim and thought I'd give it a try. No setting on the little red box appear to work with this sim. I'm using a lap to without a joy stick. Have to use click the keep board and not getting very far, very fast! LOL

Thanks for the quick reply though RC!!

I use www.rcdeskpilot.com with the little red box. The top slider on it doesn't seem to do anything, but the bottom one I have set to "Wireless". That should be a decent Sim for you to use for now while waiting for the slow boat to show up to you're little island.

llharper

I just downloaded this and got it working. I like it. Works well with my InterLink controller. It has some nice planes.
Thanks for the post!

Larry

nawoj

i downloaded this, and could only get 3 of the 4 channels on my PS3 controller to function in game... while all 4 work perfectly in RCDP... kind of annoying. not sure if its the sim, or the software that makes the sixaxis controller work on PC.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
I have a hk 6 tx. and I don't believe it will hook up to a sim.
So I am looking for a complete package sim. I think the FMS has a complete package and is cheap.
Does any one have any experience with this product? I just want something to help me get some stick time as I am not getting much trying to learn on my own. I can't get a better tx. until I get to the point where I can get some decent flying times. At that time I may be able to talk the wife into a better tx.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I have a hk 6 tx. and I don't believe it will hook up to a sim.
So I am looking for a complete package sim. I think the FMS has a complete package and is cheap.
Does any one have any experience with this product? I just want something to help me get some stick time as I am not getting much trying to learn on my own. I can't get a better tx. until I get to the point where I can get some decent flying times. At that time I may be able to talk the wife into a better tx.

This is what I use: http://www.amazon.com/Volantex-Simu...=UTF8&qid=1389920570&sr=8-1&keywords=volantex

It comes with FMS, but according to some people in the Amazon reviews the CD the controller comes with doesn't install on certain operating systems. I got FMS to work, but FMS really isn't that great. It will still do everything that it's supposed to do.

The controller isn't the best, but again, it'll do it's job. I too have the HK 6 Tx. The Volantex controller is smaller with softer feeling gimbals. It feels more like a cheap Tx that a RFT plane would come with, but you'll still build up muscle memory. I ended up buying it because it was the cheapest route I could find.

You could surely use that controller with any simulator and is worth the $20 just for the controller. Personally I use RC Desk Pilot which is a free simulator.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
rcspaceflight
Thanks I am a complete noob as far as sims. go and just barely out of the complete noob stage as far as pc's go.