Found in local architectural warehouse-what is it worth?

earthsciteach

Took a trip to our local architectural warehouse that sells all manner of really cool "old house" stuff. Found a Tower Hobby 40" P-51 D hanging from the ceiling with a price tag of $65.00. That's $5 above 1/2 price compared to a new one, without including shipping.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAELS&P=7

The plane appears complete and in decent shape. Someone got a bit crazy with epoxy on the landing gear. Pic is below. Assuming it works (which I would test prior to purchase), what would you pay for it?

No, I don't know if it comes with the ape. If it does, that ape will definitely make its way into an airplane and shall be known as "FlyingMonkey." If it doesn't, I will negotiate its inclusion as part of the deal. I foresee a good deal of comical potential.

Attachments

• TH P-51D.JPG
    TH P-51D.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 47

earthsciteach

The Stearman is ready to maiden. A charged battery is sitting inside, just waiting for decent weather and availability of my time to coincide. That sailplane has not progressed in weeks. That's simply because it, my interest and availability of time have not coincided. Plus, my basement is really cold this time of year!

lonewolf7717

Wow! Offer I'm $50 and if they don't bite still a steal. Currently have three unfinished models giving me the evil eye everytime I get home from work....go to bed at night feeling guilty about not even warming up the glue gun.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I sold mine a while back for $100 to cover the cost of a Super Sky Surfer at the time on sale at BH. It is a nice plane.

Thurmond

earthsciteach

RX doesn't matter to me. Motor - no idea. But the Tower Hobbies site claims it to be a brushless motor. Of course, that is a new model.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
No, I don't know if it comes with the ape. If it does, that ape will definitely make its way into an airplane and shall be known as "FlyingMonkey." If it doesn't, I will negotiate its inclusion as part of the deal. I foresee a good deal of comical potential.

Your obsession with me, while flattering, is somewhat disconcerting.

earthsciteach

Believe me, if I do acquire that ape, anything that it endures in the name of humor will definitely NOT be flattering towards you.