Four Star 20 Rebuild

OliverW

Legendary member
After my 20 dollar swap meet plane went nose in due to a lockout, it is time to rebuild! I have started with the wing re-gluing all pieces of sheeting that are floating around or broken.
15603910835144960223142872272306.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hooray the rebuilding! :D

Looks like a section of covering that could use replacing there too - do you have something close in color or are you thinking of doing a contrasting repair stripe (like the big orange patch I put on my Elder 60 wing)?

OliverW

Legendary member
Hooray the rebuilding! :D

Looks like a section of covering that could use replacing there too - do you have something close in color or are you thinking of doing a contrasting repair stripe (like the big orange patch I put on my Elder 60 wing)?
I may grab a piece of white covering, or leave it as is and fly it til' it is toothpicks!
15603920912784318321906298904735.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
The guy instead of using loctite on the motor mount screws, he chose hot glue and ca. Got the motor off and we are currently taking it apart to clean mud after it.

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
:ROFLMAO: Very nice vertical alignment! :ROFLMAO:

I had one like that myself a couple years ago, but it was a DTFB build carrying a 4s3000 battery than just blew through the whole front of the fuselage in a stream of confetti. Your 4 Star stayed together remarkably well for the hit! :D

OliverW

Legendary member
:ROFLMAO: Very nice vertical alignment! :ROFLMAO:

I had one like that myself a couple years ago, but it was a DTFB build carrying a 4s3000 battery than just blew through the whole front of the fuselage in a stream of confetti. Your 4 Star stayed together remarkably well for the hit! :D
I think the builder made it a bit sturdier than the normal 4-star! Full throttle straight down barely did anything!

OliverW

Legendary member
I got most of the dirt out of the engine. There is this tiny bit that just won't come out! Any tips?
20190613_182847.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Maybe isopropyl alcohol and q-tips? Would need to add some lubricant back to the bearings afterwards.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Arrgh.... well.... those little pieces aren't in the way of anything currently moving, but if they come loose later it'll be a big problem. Maybe advance to exacto knife scraping?

Chuppster

Arrgh.... well.... those little pieces aren't in the way of anything currently moving, but if they come loose later it'll be a big problem. Maybe advance to exacto knife scraping?

I advise against this. You need the ceramic coating on those windings!!!