FPV beginner problem?

elskrutt

Hi! Im new to FPV and have a gremlin that I have flown for a year that I wanted to try out a FPV system on. I bought a spektrum VA2500 camera and transmitter, fatshark Transformer SE goggles and a Foxeer 5.8 RHCP antenna for the goggles. But I have problem getting it to work. Maybe it is some kind of beginner problem. I tried to read and make sure that the equipment is compatible but maybe something is wrong? When I power everything up I cant find right channel, but I can see that there is something going on because the screen is reacting when I press channel select on the camera, I have tried every possible channel combination but it is a bit hard because I cant find any information about what frequenzies the camera has except it is in the 5.8 range. Anyone has any Idea?

FDS

Elite member
How are you powering it? Is it via a plug on the RX or direct to the FC?
Did you fit the antennas BEFORE switching anything on?
Is the video source switch set to headset mode?

elskrutt

How are you powering it? Is it via a plug on the RX or direct to the FC?
Did you fit the antennas BEFORE switching anything on?
Is the video source switch set to headset mode?

Thanks for a reply!
The camera is powered from the FC and has an antenna already mounted. A light is on so I guess it has power. Headset mode am I not familiar with, will check into that, on the goggles you mean? The goggles are set to "RF" with antenna mounted in omni socket. Thanks for input, new here =)

FDS

Elite member
It was in the manual for the camera, the video source switch.
Your flight controller may be messing with the channels via the signal cable, some allow you to control the channel that way.