• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

Solved Fpv cam sun over trees

eXpire

Hi,

I usually only have time to fly short before sundown. I still use my lizard 95 with the original camera . The issue is, when fly around tree height, I always get the sun in the picture making it hard to see anything.

But whis the millions of cameras out there , I'm just overwhelmed. Is wdr the right property to look for?

Just to show you my field with the sun conditions, here a video of it

Could you suggest me a cam ( + vtx) that fits in the lizard and does not break the bank?

Thanks a lot!!!

FDS

The Caddx Ratel is awesome and is a Starlight camera so you can fly on after sunset. Any 200mw VTX will work fine, most of the modern ones are fairly small and have a power supply for the camera included.
Ratel is what I use on my quads, right down to minis.

eXpire

Thanks for the fast reply, but I don't really need them after sunset, it just right around this stupid time when I bounce between direct into the sun and a sun hidden behind the tree's.

Has anybody experienced such a scenario?

FDS

I fly at sundown all the time, into the sunset from behind a hedge, through a gap in the trees, Caddx has coped great with the transitions. I don’t have a massive shadow over my field tho.